teddyboy2014
Level 6: Bloodhound

FON WIFI & Telstra AIR

Answered

HI all

I have a desk based  computer, an have Fon Wifi and Telstra Air shown as OPEN with a warning sign above all. Given my computer is a desktop and moves know where, would it be a good security measure to delete these two?? My security Kaperski keeps messaging me about the dangers. They show OPEN yet I have not ticked to connect on these.

Thankyou

Edward Biggs
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: FON WIFI & Telstra AIR

As long as you don't connect to them there is no security risk. I don't think you can delete them but you can forget them which will prevent your PC trying to connect to them.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
cf4
Accepted Solution

As long as you don't connect to them there is no security risk. I don't think you can delete them but you can forget them which will prevent your PC trying to connect to them.

View solution in original post

teddyboy2014
Level 6: Bloodhound

Thankyou for your assistance. Currently they shop OPEN and give me the opportunity to connect, but I will not do this. The worry was my Security keeps emailing me about the dangers of this

Thankyou again

Edward Biggs
cf4

Security software tend to display a lot of unnecessary warnings.  You can disable the warning. See stop wifi notifications in link below.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.howtogeek.com/289054/how-to-get-rid-of-kasperskys-notifications-sou...

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit