yuby8118
Level 2: Rookie

fon wifi

Answered

Fon wifi payment plan is based on actual usage time?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DrQ
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: fon wifi

It looks like it starts counting once you activate the pass and connect...

So if you have an hour pass, it is 60 min from first activation, not 60 min you can use on and off...

The full details are listed on the FON website;
https://support.fon.com/hc/en-us/articles/200392352-All-you-need-to-know-about-Fon-Passes
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
DrQ

Yes, the FON passes for non-air customers are based on usage time.

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

yuby8118

Thanks for your reply. Where is the fon usage time check? Any web site?

DrQ
Accepted Solution

It looks like it starts counting once you activate the pass and connect...

So if you have an hour pass, it is 60 min from first activation, not 60 min you can use on and off...

The full details are listed on the FON website;
https://support.fon.com/hc/en-us/articles/200392352-All-you-need-to-know-about-Fon-Passes
Helpful Links

View solution in original post

yuby8118

What about 5 day pass? It seems usage is counted automatically after it is activated not based on actual usage time.

After one day passed, what will happen? Is it automatically conituned to next second day and third day on and on?

Or not automatically but based on what I start second pass?

DrQ

Based on the information on the fon page It appears that you get 5 seperate 24 hours passes, for if you connect only once per month, for less than 24 hours, then it would last the 5 months... As in 5 one day passes, and you would only use one for each 24 hours connected.

This is from the fon page;

5 individual 24hrs passes:

Once you activate the first day pass, it will expire after 24 hours.
The 4 remaining day passes will be credited to your account for future connections.

If you have time remaining on a previous pass when you purchase it, all 5 passes will be credited to your account and won't expire until you decide to use them.
Helpful Links

kongteh
Level 1: Cadet

I assume Fon wifi usage counts towards monthly data allowance of Telstra Air customers.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit