ozheat
Level 3: Gumshoe

Non functional Telstra Air service - TIO

Answered

I have not been able to sucessfully conect to the Telstra Air service for atleast the last 9 months, dispite the multitude of calls to customer service.

I have an ongoing complaint with the telecommunications industry ombudsman 2020/04/02455 As nothing has been resolved and with the only attempt to fix was to say to "change my password"

I am going to escalate my complaint to the TIO. I ask that all that have problems with Telstra air and telstra coustomer service do not fix the problem to also lodge a complaint with the TIO. It is a simple process of ringing the TIO on 1800 062 058 and lodging a complaint, they will give you a reference number.

If we(telstra customers) don't make a complaint with the TIO Telstra will do the same as what it has done in the past and just ignore the problem. As you probaly already found out if you ring telstra customer service that the operator will be surprised with the non functional telstra air pretending that you are the only one that this is happening to and will go off and change a few settings on your account(allegedgely).

The only way this will get resolved for all users is to hit Telstra where it hurts, that is with TIO complaints as it costs them and they also want to reduce the complaints with the TIO.

So please lodge a complaint with the TIO and hopefully we all will get a functional Telstra Air service again. cheers Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ozheat
Accepted Solution

Re: Non functional Telstra Air service - TIO

I just got a call from the TIO regarding my complaint.

I have been assigned a case manager and the complaint has been escalated to level 3, Telstra have 10 business days to resolve access to Telstra air.

Come on people lodge a complaint with the TIO it is an easy process over the phone.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
ozheat
Accepted Solution

I just got a call from the TIO regarding my complaint.

I have been assigned a case manager and the complaint has been escalated to level 3, Telstra have 10 business days to resolve access to Telstra air.

Come on people lodge a complaint with the TIO it is an easy process over the phone.

View solution in original post

ozheat

I have just received a phone call from Telstra complaints resolution team member.

He now tells me that I am not eligible for Telstra air because I don't have Telstra home broadband account.

I have Telstra prepaid mobile account which says that I am eligible for free Telstra air on multiple website pages and terms and conditions for my prepaid mobile service and even on my Telstra 24/7 account pages it states that I am eligible and activated.

The team member took me the cis for Telstra air which states that the only people who are eligible for Telstra air are people who have Telstra home broadband and activated Telstra air.

He admitted that it states that my prepaid service includes Telstra air and had multitude of other pages where it says I should have access to Telstra air but continues to say the cis for Telstra air states you must have Telstra home broadband and doesn't matter what website or 24/7 account says.

He said I should never been able to access Telstra air despite been able to access Telstra air for the last 2-3 years.

Will see what the TIO have to say about this and if they don't do anything I am considering going to a current affair, I'm sure they would be interested.

ozheat

I have actually read the full "critical information summary" for telstra air.

.The  Telstra complaints resolution team member told me to look at part 6.1 but now that I have had time to read it if you look at 7.1 it actually says that I am eligible to access telstra air.

I also got an copy of an email that he sent to the TIO saying he cannot resolve the dispute.

ozheat

Here is a copy of the Telstra air CIS as I cant attach it I have to copy & paste in text format.

Our Customer Terms Page 1 of 6
Telstra Air® section
This Telstra Air section was last changed on 24 August 2018.
DRAFT [NO.]: [Date]
Marked to show changes from draft [No.]: [Date]
Contents
Click on the section that you are interested in.
1 About this Part 1
2 What is Telstra Air? 1
3 Limits of the service 3
4 Acceptable use policy 3
5 Your obligations 3
6 Telstra Air Membership – share your home broadband bandwidth to get
access to other Telstra Air hotspots 4
7 Telstra Air customers – non-members 5
8 Your Privacy 5
1 About this Part
1.1 This is the Telstra Air section of Our Customer Terms.
1.2 The General Terms of Our Customer Terms apply. For home and family customers these
terms can be found at http://www.telstra.com.au/customer-terms/homefamily/?red=/customerterms/home_family.htm; and for business and government
customers at http://www.telstra.com.au/customer-terms/businessgovernment/?red=/customerterms/bus_government.htm.)
1.3 If the General Terms of Our Customer Terms are inconsistent with anything in the Telstra
Air section, then the Telstra Air section applies instead to the extent of the inconsistency.
1.4 The rights we have to suspend or terminate a service in this Section are in addition to our
rights to suspend or terminate a service in the General Terms or any other term of Our
Customer Terms which is expressly incorporated.
2 What is Telstra Air?
What is Telstra Air?
2.1 Our Telstra Air service enables eligible customers to access:
(a) Telstra's network of Telstra Air Wi-Fi hotspots in Australia; and/or
(b) Fon Wi-Fi hotspots overseas through an agreement between us and Fon Wireless
Limited ("Fon")
in accordance with the terms set out in this Telstra Air section of Our Customer Terms.
Our Customer Terms Page 2 of 6
Telstra Air® section
Availability
2.2 We will determine (and may change from time to time):
(a) the amount of bandwidth allocated to each user of a Telstra Air Wi-Fi hotspot;
(b) the number of users who are able to concurrently access a particular Telstra Air
Wi-Fi hotspot;
(b) the number of concurrent devices a user can connect to a particular Telstra Air
Wi-Fi hotspot; and
(c) whether a user can concurrently connect to more than one Telstra Air Wi-Fi
hotspot.
2.3 Fon (or its partners) will determine (and may change from time to time):
(a) the amount of bandwidth allocated to each user of a Fon Wi-Fi hotspot;
(b) the number of users who are able to concurrently access a particular Fon Wi-Fi
hotspot; and
(b) the number of concurrent devices a user can connect to a particular Fon Wi-Fi
hotspot.
2.4 If your offer includes access to the Fon Wi-Fi hotspots overseas, you will only be able to
access one Fon Wi-Fi hotspot at a time.
2.5 We may, in our sole discretion, limit or block certain websites or content.
2.6 You may be disconnected from the Telstra Air Network® after periods of inactivity or
long periods of continuous connection. If your offer enables you to continue to access
the Telstra Air Network, you will be able to reconnect.
Security
2.7 The Telstra Air Network is an open public Wi-Fi network. You should not use the
Telstra Air Network or Fon Wi-Fi hotspots to send or receive sensitive personal
information or to carry out activities like Internet banking.
2.8 You are responsible for any information or data uploaded, downloaded or otherwise
communicated via the Telstra Air service and you are responsible for keeping all
usernames, passwords and other security-based information secure and private. You
should protect your device against unwanted traffic or downloads, including by
maintaining up-to-date anti-virus software.
Our Customer Terms Page 3 of 6
Telstra Air® section
3 Limits of the service
3.1 Subject to clause 3.2 below, there are certain things that, despite our best efforts, we
cannot guarantee or provide in relation to your Telstra Air service. These things include
those set out in this clause 3. These terms do not affect your rights under consumer
protection laws.
3.2 We will use due care and skill in providing your service in accordance with Our
Customer Terms. There may also be other non-excludable statutory guarantees, implied
conditions or warranties under consumer protection laws (such as the Competition &
Consumer Act 2010 and State and Territory Fair Trading Acts) that cannot be excluded
which may apply to goods or services we supply to consumers, including that services be
fit for their purpose. However, given the nature of telecommunications systems and WiFi networks, we cannot promise that you will be able to access a Telstra Air Wi-Fi
hotspot or Fon Wi-Fi hotspot at any given time or that your service will be fault free.
3.3 The Telstra Air service is not available if you are a Telstra wholesale customer or an end
user of a Telstra wholesale customer.
3.4 We are not responsible for any loss caused by equipment provided by someone other than
us.
3.5 We may not be able to provide detailed information about your usage of the service (for
example, information about what sites were visited and when).
3.6 We may monitor your use of the service to see whether you are complying with the
acceptable use policy as set out in section 4 of this Part or to investigate a breach (or
suspected breach) of that policy. However, we are not under any obligation to enforce
the acceptable use policy or any other policy that applies to anyone using services that we
provide to them.
4 Acceptable use policy
4.1 The Acceptable Use Policy set out in Part A – General Terms for BigPond services (can
be found at http://www.telstra.com.au/customer-terms/home-family/bigpondservices/general/) applies to your access to and use of the Telstra Air service.
5 Your obligations
5.1 You must:
(a) keep your account information, password, data and equipment secure;
(b) regularly check the default email address that we have allocated to you for
messages about the Telstra Air service; and
Our Customer Terms Page 4 of 6
Telstra Air® section
(c) comply with our reasonable directions that are necessary for us to provide the
service to you.
6 Telstra Air Membership – share your home broadband
bandwidth to get access to other Telstra Air hotspots
Eligibility
6.1 To become a Telstra Air member you need to be a consumer customer with an eligible
Telstra home broadband service connected to a compatible Telstra Home Network
Gateway. You also need to have a 13 digit account number.
6.2 Eligible Telstra home broadband services are consumer ADSL, Cable and nbn broadband
services. BigPond Velocity and Satellite services are ineligible.
6.3 Compatible Home Network Gateways include the Telstra Gateway Frontier™, Telstra
Gateway Max™, Telstra Gateway Max 2™, T-Gateway® and ADSL Premium Gateway.
For a full list of compatible gateways, visit telstra.com/air.
What is Telstra Air membership?
6.4 Subject to clause 3, Telstra Air membership enables members to access Telstra Air Wi-Fi
hotspots in Australia and Fon Wi-Fi hotspots overseas.
6.5 As a Telstra Air member your compatible Home Network Gateway shares a portion of
your home broadband bandwidth to create a Wi-Fi hotspot. To do this, your Home
Network Gateway will broadcast separate signals (known as Service Set Identifiers or
"SSIDs") in addition to the signal for your private home network. Telstra Locator tags
and other compatible Wi-Fi devices may also use the shared portion of your home
broadband bandwidth.
6.6 Telstra Air and Fon coverage maps will indicate the location of your Telstra Air hotspot.
6.7 There may be an impact to the broadband speeds of your eligible Telstra home broadband
service if you are using the service at the same time as a hotspot user.
6.8 We may establish rules which prevent your Home Network Gateway from broadcasting a
Wi-Fi hotspot and reporting observed Telstra Locator tags and other compatible Wi-Fi
devices where the download line speeds into your home fall below a level determined by
us. If we prevent your Home Network Gateway from broadcasting a hotspot in
accordance with these rules, your Telstra Air membership will be unaffected and you will
be able to access the Telstra Air Network and Fon Wi-Fi hotspots overseas.
Charges
6.9 There is no separate joining fee to become a Telstra Air member.
Incompatibilities
Our Customer Terms Page 5 of 6
Telstra Air® section
6.10 The Telstra Broadband Protect Network Protection and Parental Controls features will not
be available at Telstra Air or Fon hotspots.
Deactivation, Cancellation and Suspension
6.11 Your Telstra Air membership is provided on a casual basis and you can deactivate your
membership once per month by telling us. If you meet the eligibility requirements set out
in clause 6.1 you can reactivate your Telstra Air membership once per month.
6.12 If you no longer meet the eligibility requirements in clause 6.1, we may cancel your
Telstra Air membership. This includes if you change your Telstra Air compatible Home
Network Gateway to a non-compatible gateway or if your compatible Home Network
Gateway has not been connected to your eligible Telstra home broadband service for
more than 30 days.
6.13 We may suspend or cancel your Telstra Air membership in accordance with our General
Terms referred to in clause 1.2 and our Acceptable Use Policy referred to in clause 4.
7 Telstra Air customers – non-members
Eligibility
7.1 To become a Telstra Air non-member customer you need to have:
(a) an active Telstra mobile service;
(b) an active, eligible Telstra mobile broadband service; or
(c) a Telstra Air guest pass.
7.2 BigPond and Satellite mobile broadband services are not eligible.
What do you get as a Telstra Air non-member customer?
7.3 Subject to clause 3, we enable Telstra Air non-member customers to access Telstra Air
Wi-Fi hotspots in Australia and Fon Wi-Fi hotspots overseas.
Cancellation and Suspension
7.4 We may suspend or cancel your Telstra Air service in accordance with our General
Terms referred to in clause 1.2 and our Acceptable Use Policy referred to in clause 4.
8 Your Privacy
8.1 We collect, use and disclose personal information as set out in our “Protecting Your
Privacy” Statement. The current version of our Privacy Statement is available at
http://www.telstra.com.au/privacy/privacystatement/?red=/privacy/privacy_statement.html
Our Customer Terms Page 6 of 6
Telstra Air® section
8.2 When you access a Telstra Air Wi-Fi hotspot, we may collect information regarding your
web browser, device and operating system to determine the most effective way to display
the requested webpage or content on your device. We will also collect and store the IP
and MAC addresses of your device, and some non-personal information about your use
of the Telstra Air service. This information helps us improve the service.
8.3 When you use the Telstra Air app, we may collect additional information that will be
notified to you within the app.

ozheat

https://www.telstra.com.au/customer-terms/home-family Look at the Telstra air for the PDF
Castano
Level 1: Cadet

Is it only me who sees issues with the pdf? I had to use this https://pdfchef.com/split-pdf.html to read it. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit