Kiwitrev
Level 3: Gumshoe

Telstra Air Password Separate from Account password?

My Telstra Modem TG799 has several Wifi options each with a separate password, I wish to know if you can have a different password for Telsra Air/Fon Wifi other than my Total Telstra account password as I don't want family having my Account password, just a separate password for Telstra Air/ Fon Wifi so no one else can access my account direct.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
GlennL
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Telstra Air Password Separate from Account password?

I couldn't find a direct answer, but I believe the username and password is different from your regular account username and password. The account password is only required to enable the service.

It might be best to contact Telstra directly https://livechat.telstra.com/TCOM:Crowdsupport:Consumer
Kiwitrev

Unfortunately you are asked to use your account login and password and no option to set up a separate login for Air
Kiwitrev

Sorry the ONLY login is your Telstra Account login and password. (That's Act not Modem login!!!) Not good as per my letter
Quote:How to use Telstra Air
To connect to Telstra Air, you’ll need your Telstra ID username and password. your Telstra ID,
Yasslad
Level 2: Rookie

Having just had an iPhone 7 fraudulently ordered on my account because of this issue, Telstra needs to fix this problem immediately. Telstra Air should use a completely separate login and password.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit