jeis
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Air Wifi Hotspots

I have used Telstra Air in the past and after disabling the Auto connect settings in my iPhone (as was using my mobile data at the time instead of the Air WiFi in some cases), I stood outside a WiFi payphone today desperate for data, loaded the Telstra Air app (notifications active), found the WiFi Hotspot standing next to, searched in WiFi settings for the Telstra Air, Auto Join etc enabled under the Telstra Air settings, JOIN NETWORK and then the hotspot turned off.

Again, searched WIFI, chose the Telstra Air Hotspot, Auto connect features already enabled but Telstra Air would not connect.

Tried my partners phone as well and we both could not connect being Bigpond members. Checked my modem at home and Telstra account, Telstra Air is active though the modem said Air was DOWN. Checked Service Status page no nothing in my area out.

How to remain connected to Telstra Air these days for the time period? Seems broken.

iPhone 6, latest iOS, Latest Gateway modem.

Thanks.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Palpatine
Level 20: Director

Re: Telstra Air Wifi Hotspots

I'm assuming that you are actually joined up as a Telstra Air Member, see https://www.telstra.com.au/broadband/telstra-air/how-to-join

If you were using Telstra Air some time ago, there was an Apple inconsistency where you had to delete the Telstra Air App and re-install it. Worked for me.

I doubt that the service status page would include Telstra Air, even Telstra Air avalibility maps do not reflect the Member hotspots (only payphone or shopping centres)

My partner and I are using iPhone 5 and 6, and currently travelling and using Telstra Air quite reliably.

Just a note - you can not see or log on to your own home hotspot

If I've been of assistance please assist others by marking the post accordingly. Click the "Like" button,
Palpatine has participated in Social Media accreditation through Telstra and has access to some enhanced support and escalation processes. Palpatine is not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely his own.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit