vp21953
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Air won't stay connected

Answered

I have been using Telstra Air on my i4 for 12 months without a hitch.  Recently, Telstra Air stopped connecting.  I tried to connect at different hotshots, without success.  I can see Telstra Air in my wifi options.  I have tried pressing the i button and found that "Auto-join" is switched off.  I switch it on and it automatically switches itself off again.  I try to join by selecting Telstra Air, Telstra Air moves up to indicate it is in the process of joining and then it drops down to the 'Choose a Network' list again.  We recently installed a new Telstra router at home, don't know if this is part of the issue.

Can anyone help with this problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Air won't stay connected

If the router is broadcasting Telstra Air it is not the problem.

The device that you can log in with is it using the same ID and password as the iPhone.

To reset ID and paswword on iPhone

Open TelstraAir App

Tap on Settings bottom right

Tap on Log Out.

Enter UserName and password and tap Log in

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
cf4

If Telstra Air  Wi_Fi is turned off in the new router this would cause the problem.

To check weather its on log in to router using a browser
Default IP address http://10.0.0.138 or http://192.168.1 or http://192.168.0.1
Default passwords
admin/admin or
admin/password or
admin/blank (no password

If its off you will need to turn in on via Telstra My account https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/home

vp21953

I'm not home at present so can't check this. I do know that my router is broadcasting Telstra Air log in. I have also logged in with other devices successfully. Just can't do it with my iphone.
cf4
Accepted Solution

If the router is broadcasting Telstra Air it is not the problem.

The device that you can log in with is it using the same ID and password as the iPhone.

To reset ID and paswword on iPhone

Open TelstraAir App

Tap on Settings bottom right

Tap on Log Out.

Enter UserName and password and tap Log in

View solution in original post

MrGadget

Had a similar problem. I had installed the Fon app as well as the Telstra air app. Both apps we're fighting over the login. Once I turned off the auto connection in the Fon app Telstra Air stayed connected. 

Also keep in mind you can only have three simultaneous connections (If overseas it's just one Fon ). I've noticed that you can't quickly free up one of the three just by logging off. When I think I might be up to three I turn off the wifi on my iPad before I approach the Telstra air hotspot. 

Hope this helps. 

vp21953

I have solved this problem.  I deleted the Telstra Air app from the phone.  I 'forgot' the Telstra Air network by clicking the blue i in the wif-fi list.  I did this at home where I had another wi-fi network available.  I then 'forgot' my home network and selected Telstra Air again, loggin in with my credentials and it is now working again.  Thanks everyone for your tips. 

Bishcorp

The problem is a compatibility problem between the app and IOS. To connect to a hot spot on an iPhone you need to switch off the phone and restart it then it logs in immediately. It's taken me 7 weeks and lots of hotspots trials to find this. Telstra support was NO help
Bishcorp

The other thing which helps is if you TelstraAir App is on the same page as Settings. The app does not transfer the longin data across a page boundary
SolarG
Level 4: Private Eye

Thanks, Bishcorp, that suggestion works for me!

Legend!

Kiasu9s
Level 1: Cadet

I have the same problem. Telstra support are just hopeless.
Out of frustration, I reboot the gateway and the router and Telstra Air start working.
Give it a go it might fix your problem.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit