Ouzo69
Level 3: Gumshoe

Telstra air

Answered

Hi I just wanted to let you know that I have tried a lot of things to do but I’m not sure what I can do to help but I’m always having trouble getting Telstra air to work for a good period of time it is forever just dropping out for some reason and it very frustrating to say the least especially if you are in the middle of a important meeting or document that you are doing

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ouzo69
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra air

Hi I am trying not to get worried about this but I cannot get it to be done with my life is not going to good for me and I gotta say that I do not want anymore problems with it all I have in it is enough for me to handle I  got a phone from a Telstra shop about 6monthes ago and I was told that I at the time I had to get some more accessories to get the plan done and I have to get some more things 

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Ouzo69
Accepted Solution

Hi I am trying not to get worried about this but I cannot get it to be done with my life is not going to good for me and I gotta say that I do not want anymore problems with it all I have in it is enough for me to handle I  got a phone from a Telstra shop about 6monthes ago and I was told that I at the time I had to get some more accessories to get the plan done and I have to get some more things 

View solution in original post

EthanG
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Ouzi69,

Did you still need assistance with this one?

Please let me know.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

RandomUser0001
Level 2: Rookie

This happens to me aswell, only at cirtain times

ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

As WiFi as in Telstra Air is transmission of a very low power signal intended for very short range ....essentially within line of sight. It is stretching the technology as re Telstra Air unless you are next to a phone box. If the Wi-Fi is coming from a house...it's subject to walls...usually brick.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

If you only have a Telstra phone on plan, then it's unlikely that you're using Telstra Air unless you also have a Telstra home broadband service and modem at home.

Maybe you're actually using free wifi? Some businesses set up their wifi to limit customer's use and to prevent people sitting in cafes all day. Also, it's not very secure for your information or your clients' information.

These connections can also restrict your ability to send and recieve emails with attachments or confidential information in them, which is not practical for business.

However, I'm not sure why you would need internet access to create a document (and an internet drop off would not close the document or erase a saved document).

For a business meeting, you can say you'll get back to them with an answer. If it's important then you'll have to inform them in writing anyway. This delay also gives you time to clarify their request, research options and consequences, get legal or financial advice, and consider if you require anything in return. 

Using your mobile as a hotspot would give you a more reliable and private connection, but this may get expensive because you'll be using your mobile data.

Alternatively, you could open a business account. Business accounts get more technical support and plan protections. You might be able to claim costs as work expenses at tax time.

AndreaM_SA
Level 1: Cadet

So ... if I am in a building right next to a hotspot, I'd need to go outside?

GotheSaints
Level 1: Cadet

I have a Telstra Air Hotspot about 500m from my upper floor flat (i have colourbond roof- so i live in a Faraday Cage haha) the signal is very poor, unless I stand on the balcony. If i get a repeater on ebay, and put it on my roof etc (line of sight) should it help?

MartyBMint

I've been having similar issues. It will connect for a moment and drop out. Sometimes I get as far as the sign in page then I click on log in and i get the message

This site can’t be reached

192.168.182.1 refused to connect.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit