Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Unable to connect to Testra air

Good evening OmensOfRuin

I sucessfully logged in at a Telstra payphone this morning wakled out of range & then back in and it aotomatically logged me back in. I had this experience several times today at different payphones.

I still do not have Telstra air showing in my list of networks at home. I will advise them but at least it works when I am out and about.

Thanks again for your valuable assistance.
Highlighted

This might help someone here. I also had this issue and spent more than an hour being passed around the Telstra "support" with no-one having a clue.

In my case the issue was that I had , over time, accumulated 3 seperated login id's all tied to my email address. The clue was that when I filled in the "Forgot ID" I got three seperate emails each identifying one of the ID's from there just a matter to reset passwords if you don't know them and then try each of them in turn. In my case the most unlikely,,,and not considered...worked.

There does not appear to be anyway to remove email addresses from my Account Login or nominate a default ID for login so I will just continue to use the ID that works.

Cheers

Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

Thanks for contacting me. The service is working normally when I am out and automatically logs me out a hotspot when available. 

The issue is that my gateway is not broadcasting the Telstra Air or FON hotspot, this is because the firmware upgrade for my modem has not yet been deployed. 

The  main thing is that I can use the service while away from home. 

Thanks for for your reply once again and have a great weekend. 

Mick. 

Highlighted

I also just login without the domain name. Works fine on public hotspots. Also logging in through the 24/7 app works as well. Need that and the Telstra Air app

Highlighted

Works fine on public hotspots. Get Redirect loop on home network.

Screenshot_2015-08-07-14-03-42.pngScreenshot_2015-08-07-14-21-53.pngScreenshot_2015-08-07-06-40-03.png

Highlighted

Thanks for your response. I can access when out at hotspots without any problems. Telstra has advised me that the firmware upgrade has not yet been deployed to my modem. I can live with that as long as it leeps working while out. Cheers & have a great weekend. Mick.
Highlighted

I renamed my guest wifi account to Telstra Air with no secutity. My phone and tablet were able to connect. This is a security problem surely.

How do we no we are connecting to a legitimate hotspot?

Highlighted

Screenshot_2015-08-07-14-21-53.pngScreenshot_2015-08-07-14-03-42.png

Highlighted

My Telstra Air service says it's activated but I'm unable to login to any hotspot.

Which userid should I be using to log in?

My Telstra account user name? My bigpond user name?

Highlighted

I used my Telstra account user name.
Highlighted

Same ID you use to login to MyAccount online.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Finally got Telstra Air showing in app and account. Can't log in and can no longer log in with my original wifi. I have therefore lost all wifi. Help!!!!!

Highlighted

Have you powered down your modem and disconnected it from the network? Do this if you haven't already and wait at least 30 seconds before reconnecting and powering up.

Highlighted

I have the same problem

Highlighted

I have turned off my Modum still unable to connect to Telstra Air

Highlighted

Got my email to say I have Telstra Air. Can't log on. Logged a call. Telstra did phone back but we kept missing each other so called into a Telstra shop where the person there said it would be fixed in 48hrs. No fix in 48 hours and when I contacted said person again she'd moved shops and no longer had my complaint details. That was two weeks ago. Still nothing a week later so logged another call which again said they would fix in 48 hours. Still no fix. They did however ring to see if it was fixed and asked me to hold while they spoke to the Telstra Air area. Sorry don't have more time it has been more than a month since I was sent the email to tell me I was connected, which I'm not. Just fix it!!!
Highlighted

Telstra really needs to get this sorted. Seems to be becoming a real problem mind the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. My suggestion is to contact the office of the CEO Mr Andrew Penn his office details are attached. I suggest writing a letter directly to him and faxing it. I have done this when David Thodey was CEO and got speedy results. 

Fax 03 9204 9991. phone 03 9204 9999

good luck people. Time to go to the top with this. This product launch unfortunately has not gone smoothly for the majority of people. 

Highlighted

Telstra Air is activated, changed password. Tries to log on via Android and get a message " Sorry but we couldn't connect you to Telstra Air. Please try again later".

Do I need to be connected to wifi to logon or 4g, my mobile is not with Telstra, but that should nait be the cause of any dramas (at least I hope)

Highlighted

I am having problems logging onto hotspots on the Gold Coast where I am holidaying. Some logon no problems others won't log on at all.
Highlighted

I have the same problems. My TGateway modem shows it is there, I received a letter from Telstra dated 10 July saying I can get it but after visits to Telstra shop it has been handed on as priority. My phone is an iPhone6, is that the problem?
Highlighted

Signed up for TelstraAir over 1.5 months ago.  Got the gateway fast and got it set up straight away.

But couldnt log in to Telstra Air at my local public phone booth coverage.

4 painfully repetitive calls to overseas support spread over 1.5 months and i STILL cant log into TelstraAir.

TelstraAir is set up in MyAccount - it flicks me to the TelstraAir app with my login details prefilled then just sits there with the 'spiralling' loading symbol for about 30 seconds and comes up with the same message every time:

"Something went wrong. Sorry, but we couldnt connect you to Telstra Air. Please try again later."

Call centre raised it to "Level 1 support", then weeks later it was raised to "Level 2 support", then two weeks ago they raised it to "Level 3 support" which is technical support by someone in Australia apparently.  However, in two weeks they have not had any response from L3 support about my issue.

I signed up to help expand the Air network, to use my home broadband around my local area, and to use the Fon benefits on an overseas trip which was two MONTHS away. Now that trip is 9 DAYS away and I have not yet been able to log in ONCE to Telstra Air.

I think waiting 1.5 months is incredibly patient.  And the poor OS phone support are clearly too scared to hassle L3 support for a response

Highlighted

Yes i have the same problem with Telstra Ait.

Have done a all reset from my Iphone 6 and still will not work.

Did a video to show Telstra help team but was told i could not send it in. ( Not good service).

Are you sure you you really do have customer service i am trying to help to get this problem sorted out as it looks like many people are having the same problem.

Could there me a app on the phone that may be stopping it working or because i tried out on the hotspots when you where testing it last year.

Paul

Highlighted

The whole Telstra Air depolyment is a complete joke. 

I can access when I am out at most hor spots but not all. A recent trip to the Gold Coast where there are a lot of hot spots revealed that some log on while others don't.

My TG799 gateway is still not broadcasting the Telstra Air hotspot. I called Telstra yesterday and spoke to a guy who told me that the firmware update has not yet been deployed to any of the Telstra Gateways.

It is high time that Telstra took this seriously and the only way is to contact the CEO's office I will give you his details.

Telstra CEO

Andrew Penn

Locked Bag 5639

Melbourne 3001

Victoria

Phone 03 9204 9999

Fax     03 9204 9991  or 03 8601 0255

It is time that we made some noise about this service. I have no doubt that evenyually this will be a great service but at present it is a half baked offering.

Good luck. 

Highlighted

I have not heard ofanybody with telstra air functioning.

the delay for support is amazing.

do not know why they keep pushing  it if it doesnot work.

at a time when everyone else is improving telstra has decided to really fumble, what could of been the game changer.

EPIC fail.

I  am also waiting.

Highlighted

How close do you have to be to a hotspot to connect.

Highlighted

Generally within 20 metres of the hotspot.

Highlighted

Hi guys, I thought I was the only sucker having problems with Telstra Air, I have had problems now for 2 months, no bull, its been escalated to level 1, level2, and Level 3, still not heard from anyone, and no one knows whats going on. I tick all the boxes as far as the criteria goes, but the error messages are different everytime, I think I will have to make a complaint through to the T.I.O.  Ombudsman.

This is just a complete joke, they have given me new usernames, passwords, and fai dinkum nothing works.

I suppose we just keep on hoping that they will fix it,  Regards RAy

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Raymond, I work in the Telstra Air product team and would be happy to investigate this for you further.

Please PM me with your bigpond username and I will pass it on to the product managers.

Anyone else experiencing issues with Telstra Air, please feel free to do so as well.

Highlighted

Yes yes yed still trying to logon
Highlighted

I have same problem
Highlighted

Kathleen,

in about 70% of cases I log on no problem but there are some layphone hotspots that just won't log on. You can have 2 in the same area one will and the other won't. This has happened in several locations thought Queensland and NSW. 

The he other issue is that my TG799 gateway still doesn't have the firmware deployed for me to broadcast a hotspot from home. I guess the main thing is I can generally use it when I am out. 

Unfortunately though as I stated above there are some inconsistencies with the whole Telstra Air experience. 

Regards

Michael. 

Highlighted

Well here's an update to my last post 1.5 months ago.

Its now been 3 months since I signed up to Telstra Air and installed the new modem and still never been able to access Telstra Air outside home.

I got an SMS on Sept 7 saying:

"Hi from Telstra. Your escalation is still under investigation by Level 2 Support. We will provide feedback as soon as possible."

So the issue dropped from Level 3 back to Level 2 despite not being resolved.

Then a month later on Oct 9 got another automatic sms saying exactly the same thing.  No change, no resolution.

Three months and counting, to sort out a login to a wireless network??

It's not like its a weird phone or im a new customer either.  Been a customer for over a decade and its an iPhone 6. 

Highlighted

This is what I would do. Contact Telstra againa & tell them that you are not satisfied and that you are contacting the TIO (Telecommunication Industry Ombudsman)

https://www.tio.com.au/about-us/contact-us

The probem is as I see it that Telstra has launched this service before it was ready. I can access when away from home 80% of sites but some dont connect. I still havent had the firmware upgrade for my modem but hey I can use it when out & that is the most important thing.

I would certainly contat the TIO, I think you my friend have given Telstra enough time to gaet back to you on this.

Good luck & let me know how you go.

Mick

Highlighted
Level 6: Bloodhound

I signed up for Air the day it was released, now 6 months later nothing. I have contacted Telstra multiple times, had it escalated and then 2 months ago, I got an email saying the had closed the enquiry. No reasoning except that in all my conversations and the time spent in hours of which there were many, they said they get errors, that is the entire result of a 6 month wait.

I have the Gateway 799 and been a customer of Telstra since Adam played fullback for Jeruesalem.

I have given up now.

This the email I got 

Dear Graham,
Thank you for registering your interest in Telstra Air.

Unfortunately, we were unable to progress your online request to take up Telstra Air as your existing Telstra Account may not meet the required eligibility.

To become a Telstra Air member, you need an eligible Telstra home broadband service and a compatible gateway.

To find out more about how you can meet the eligibility criteria visithttps://www.telstra.com.au/broadband/telstra-air/how-to-join or call us on 13 2200.

We apologise for any inconvenience the delay in confirming this has caused.

Regards,

Andy Ellis
Head of Customer Service and Contact Centres

Highlighted

I also asked for an update on my Telstra subscription, that went west also, without them bothering to get back to me.

So on that note I am spent with their poor form
Highlighted

After four months, my problem is solved!

Yes, out of the blue I get a phonecall at about 8pm and nearly hung up thinking it was an overseas scam call. 

But the lady identified herself as calling to confirm my TelstraAir was sorted out.

I said no one had contacted me for another month since my last attempt. She apologised and said that it was now fixed.

So i tried it and O M  G  it worked.

When I asked what they'd done to fix it, she indicated that it was an issue where some people have multiple logins, eg my cable account login was different from my bigpond email login.  Once they'd reset them all, it was fixed.

So Telstra Air now works for me after 4 months.   Hopefully this fix might help you others as well.

Good luck

Highlighted

That is great to hear. Mine works almost everywhere. I am currently in Melbourne and I get alerts all the time as I walk along the streets. I hope you also enjoy Telstra Air as much as I am. 

Highlighted

Re: Telstra Air

XYes I have the same problems and rang them today,  then got cut off. Now in limbo.

APP symbol used to show on MyAccount APP but today, that is only half working.e system is not ready nor foolproof. I pay via BPay but get paper bill. Now have to pay $3.20 for the priviledge.

Now the AIR APP not working on top, yet TELSTRA advised me I am registered.

I think I will give it a miss: 

surely TELSTRA can write up clear instructions with examples how to log in with the APP or otherwise.

What is my TELSTRA ID for a start?

I have an account user name and password

I also have an email account address and password.

What is the Telstra ID they are talking about?

The APP is crap - does not even give an error message :-( I hate APP's :-(

Please document this and test it and then advise customers with that precise info - thank you TELSTRA.

Everything else with the NBN works brilliant and we are delighted with our mid NBN plan and how everything worked after our self install.  Wolffieboy

Highlighted

The Telstra ID is the credentials you use to log into my account.
Highlighted

Happy for you but ours still does not work. Have written a Whim to a lady from TELSTRA who offered tha on Crowd Support. Hope to hear from her in the next week or so.

:-/

Highlighted

I hope you get this sorted soon. Please post your progress & responses.

Highlighted

I have been trying for months to access tesltra Air.

I can see it in my settings, it comes up with a tick. but no connections.

I think it has something to do with my username I have 3 a wifi and a bigpond and a gmaill.

Support has been no help

Highlighted

I have same problem, cable max has update to latest firmware with Telstra Activated, still not able to log in. Contact for support 4 times still no solved problem.

-I use Android App.

Highlighted

1-1-2016 and the APP lets me connect after TELSTRA made me use a different email address for My-Account, which works now and shows everything. That part they have fixed after breaking it in October and I am happy with that.

TELSTRA AIR connects but does not let me use the internet and comes up with Something has gone wrong - try again later. Not a very helpful message anbd no it does not works later. Try almost every day.

Get a strong signal, can sign in now but can't use the internet :-(

I wonder if my problem is linked to having multiple sign ins as they made me sign into My Account APP with my GMail email account.

Surely after so many month of TELSTRA AIR complaints somebody has worked out what the common problem is that stops users from accessing AIR network.

My TELSTRA   TG797nv3 Gateway also does not have the firmware upgrade yet.

Just not good enough. Also TELSTRA after sorting this huge problem out, need to send customers a letter explaining exactly  how to use TELSTRA AIR. How to log in etc. The present instructions do not work.

Please fix. Have recommended TELSTRA to other family members and they want to use the AIR network now and can't - a very bad situation imho. :-(

Highlighted

I have been using Telstra Air since August, I still do not have the firmware upgrade for my modem TG799. While I can log on automatically in the majority of hot spots there are some that it just won't log onto. Telstra still has issues with this service.

Highlighted
Level 5: Eagle Eye

I have similar issue.

I have bought a new modem to enable Telstra Air for my normal account.

Whilst waiting for the modem to arrive, I registered for a new Telstra for the Free Wifi.

I have received the activation email and have responded.

I tried to access a Telstra Air hotspot

IMG_3945.jpg

I used the new ID using the captive portal.

IMG_3946.jpg

IMG_3947.jpg

I received the really useful "Something went wrong" message.

IMG_3956.jpg

I tried 5 minutes, 1 hour, 8 hours, 24 hours and 30 hours later all with the same result.

I'd be interested to hear how many others have experienced the "Something went wrong" message and how they fixed it.

Thanks.

111111111^2 = 12345678987654321
Highlighted

I have exactly same frustration over Telstra air. I have spoken to Telstra support number of times, none of them are able to assist this issue but I see Telstra air sign everywhere. I am just wondering if anybody can login to Telstra air so far? I spoken to my friends, no one has successful connection yet. This is Telsta's misleading advertisement.
Highlighted

Yes Priscilla I have been able to log in since day one. There are some hotspots that song seem tomworkmfor me but 90% of the time I get the alert on my phone or Apple Watch that I have connected as I walk in range of a hotspot. I do agree Telstra have handled this who deployment very badly
Highlighted

Yes this is a shocker - a total deceit really. I know people who have signed up and agreed to TELSTRA AIR as well, yet can't use it so far. They have dumped their G4 internet USB dongle and are now stuck.

Crowd support is meant to have TELSTRA Staff assisting on threads - where are they?

I love TELSTRA for most things but this is the worst I have ever seen TELSTRA do and then there is silence and more silence :-(

How many more good TELSTRA customers have to write on here that TELSTRA AIR does not work be4 Gerd or someone higher up at TELSTRA takes proper action to fix it?

Very bad situation imho :-(

Highlighted

Perhaps people need to bombard the Telstra 24/7 Facebook page with their grievances and then they might admit that they have a problem. The whole rollout is a stuff up. Perhaps we should contact their partner Fon and tell them that Telstra seem to have dropped the ball on this rollout after all this is a joint venture and they are the Fon provider in Australia.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit