Noeltoo
Level 2: Rookie

can't receive calls or texts

Answered

Hi all, my phone can't receive calls or texts, its prepaid, can't add any credit, says emergency calls only. When i call my number it tells me my phone is disconnected. Nobody responding on chat after 3 hours, automated message on phone just tells me to go to chat, which is beyond frustrating.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: can't receive calls or texts

It will be a bit of pot luck. If you call 132200 (or send a message using the My Telstra app) or go into a store (which is probably better), you can request a new SIM with that number. That assumes that the number is available. If it has returned to the pool, it may have already been allocated to a new consumer SIM pack, in which case it will show up as unavailable.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Jupiter

How long ago did you last recharge your service? It is behaving as if the service has ben cancelled (which happens 6 months after the last recharge expires).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Noeltoo

Ages ago

Noeltoo

Any way of starting it up again? Its prepaid, I have credit but can't access the phone number to load it, it just hangs up

Jupiter
Accepted Solution

It will be a bit of pot luck. If you call 132200 (or send a message using the My Telstra app) or go into a store (which is probably better), you can request a new SIM with that number. That assumes that the number is available. If it has returned to the pool, it may have already been allocated to a new consumer SIM pack, in which case it will show up as unavailable.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit