GeoH1
Level 1: Cadet

Covid

Answered

My wife has a basic smart phone (Telstra Essential Smart 3) which was selected as the previous phone did not have an Android version capable of using covid QR sign in app.

Her Sim only plan is an old low cost out of contract plan with no data.

Some years ago we had Telstra block Data on her service owing to accidently incurring excessive data charges.

As the QR app requires data to communicate, is it possible to have Telstra the block removed remotely?

All installed apps that use data, other than Covid check in, have been disabled.

How much data does the Covid app use per log in?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Covid

You would need to change her plan to one that has data included. Any blocking should be removed with the change in plan.

The Services Victoria app uses around 60KB of data per QR Code login. The most I've used in a month is under 5MB.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

You would need to change her plan to one that has data included. Any blocking should be removed with the change in plan.

The Services Victoria app uses around 60KB of data per QR Code login. The most I've used in a month is under 5MB.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Ozmoz
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Be nice if all the Telco's got on board and made it data free when using those login covid apps 🙂

Footnote: I dont work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.
ACroker
Support Team
Support Team

That's a great idea, Ozmoz! I'll pass that on for sure.

- Ash

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit