Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Internet

I can't believe what's just happened ...

i waited 8 days for a Telstra technician to call on my premises.. Has Telstra  had identified a fault in the outside line.

he came didn't check the main telephone line inside... Messed around changing switches .. Said the outside line was fine.. It was a internal problem.. So organise a phone Techician .. He spent 2 hrs trying to find the problem and guess what it's the outside line.

So we phone Telstra explain the situation.. Go through the process... They say they have to check to see if there is an outage... And if it's anything to do with NBN.. Which is not in our area, and won't be for quite. Awhile... And when we have gone through all that we will send a technician out again...

in the mean time... This could  probably be a month before I get my internet back... 

Outrageous ... 

Ref 162872835

cargo

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Internet

Thanks for providing that reference number.  When we test services, we have no way of knowing if the fault is in the exchange, the network cabling or internal. From experience and by performing an isolation test, we can determine if the fault is most likely going to be external or internal. Only when the technician attends and tests the service at points along the network can they determine where the fault lies.

Your current case is currently awaiting further testing. Once this has been completed, you will be contacted.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit