Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Oppo AX5 locked

Answered

Am sending this again

Hello All.

Am From Uruguay, small country in Southamerica, Recently I bought on eBay a cell phone, turns out it's an Oppo AX5, by Telstra. Is not what I supposed to bought, it should been a Oppo R17, but got this one instead but that's the lesser of the problems, the phone is pincode blocked, I cannot access it nor even reset from factory because still ask for the pin code. I tried to contact the guy, but never responded, so I contacted eBay to solve this and they were not able to contact him either, so they gave me a full refound, however I still want to make the phone work, even if is not what I expected I need it. I googled and haven't found a solution, the secret codes stoped to work like #*789*  for phone info an imei, but I still keep the imei number.

I wonder if there's a way to unlock the phone remotely, it does not have sim card.

Thanks in advance for any help you could provide.

BTW I have the screenshot of the ebay transactions, to prove all am saying

I checked and the imei is not reported as stolen.

Is there a way to unlock without making a phone call to the support team?

I mean my english is quite crappy when it comes to listen and talk

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Oppo AX5 locked

I've spoken to a Telstra Employee regarding this.

I've been told, as you wrote, that to unlock a Pre-Paid mobile phone you only need the IMEI number and no personal details.

I personally don't think it should be this way, as anyone could steal a Pre-Paid mobile phone and then get it unlocked (as long as the IMEI hasn't been blocked).

I was also told that you will have to call Telstra to get the mobile phone unlocked.

There is no other way.

The hour's to call are 8am-9pm AEDT, which means that you can start calling from 6pm your time.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Hi Salvo1973,

As far as I know, you can only unlock the mobile phone by calling Telstra on the number in the below link.

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Accounts-Plans/How-to-unlock-your-Pre-Paid-phone/ta-p/67548

You might not be able to unlock it as you're not the original owner of the mobile phone and your personal details won't match what Telstra has on their system.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Highlighted

After reading the details in the link you shared, they won't ask for any personal information, nor they have it since it's a prepaid device, it's only required the IMEI number which I have.

I have no idea for the costs, but probably should be free.

However am looking for a solution without making a phone call, is not about the cost, it's more about understanding each other through the phone, not to mention the time difference with me which it's about 13 hours

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

I've spoken to a Telstra Employee regarding this.

I've been told, as you wrote, that to unlock a Pre-Paid mobile phone you only need the IMEI number and no personal details.

I personally don't think it should be this way, as anyone could steal a Pre-Paid mobile phone and then get it unlocked (as long as the IMEI hasn't been blocked).

I was also told that you will have to call Telstra to get the mobile phone unlocked.

There is no other way.

The hour's to call are 8am-9pm AEDT, which means that you can start calling from 6pm your time.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Well, it's world wide solution, because works like that everywhere as far as I know, I had my daughters phone lost also stolen, first thing I did was block the IMEI...

You wouldn't do me the favor to call them if I give you the number ?

Highlighted

There are some things I'll do to help a fellow customer (that I personally don't know), but unlocking a Pre-Paid mobile phone for them isn't something that I'll do.

Highlighted

I understand that you don't want to do anything illegal, however this is not, as I said I have screenshots to backup my story, I was cheated and just want to unlock it. I never wanted to buy a locked phone, it was supposed to be unlocked

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

hi mate. You already got a refund. No point in trying to get your phone working. Unlocking an IMEI locked phone without being the original owner of the phone can put you in trouble. Your eBay (REAL STORY) will put you in trouble because you already got a refund because you were cheated yet you try to use the phone. Just chuck in the bin or dispose off

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit