BareAdmin
Level 1: Cadet

False Positive from Network Protect

Hello there,

Our website Bare.com.au is a false positive of Network Protect: people on the Telstra Network (and only them) are met with a 'Malicious Content' block when visiting our domain.

Virus Total reports our domain as safe, no 3rd party is reporting it malicious.

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/domain/bare.com.au and

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/228908c6013a758f933878217959348cc7224151a051272654a7100eed81261a

We have clicked the "Website is safe" on Friday morning.  Still nothing. So we are now at over 72h of downtime, which is insane for a business of our size and 70 times over our SLA.

How do we contact the Broadband Protect team? We cannot find any where to contact them.

I'm part of the engineering team at Bare.com.au, we are happy to have any technical discussion with whomever can talk to us.  (Btw, we are a significant player in the funeral industry in Australia, this is not a hobby website).

Workaround: has anyone got any workaround idea?

Is there a way to return a different host at the DNS level just for Telstra? Our traffic is cached by cloudflare.

Thanks

André

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: False Positive from Network Protect

If you have an SLA with Telstra, that would mean that you have an Account Manager with them. Have you contacted them to see what is happening?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
BareAdmin
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks. I wish I could, Looks I didn't explain that well.

Our internal engineering team SLA is 1h for deploying / fixing our site. We don't have a Telstra Account Manager, and no reason to have one, the only link to Telstra we have is Telstra blocking the connection to our site for Telstra customers.

Jupiter

OK. The only way to contact the Telstra Broadband Protect Team is through the link that you have already clicked on.

Telstra Broadband Protect can be bypassed from the customer's end by them selecting a non-Telstra DNS in their modem. You can't do anything from your end.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
chrodo
Level 9: Captain

Also a VPN will get around it , but thats only a sulution for those that you can contact .

FTTN Tech. Appinions are my own.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit