boby51
Level 2: Rookie

Parental Control

Has anybody been able to setup parent control on Telstra Gateway. i.e. stopping some devises from access at certain time of days. We have Gateway which is the one before the latest type.

When I enter time restrictions on this Gateway for one device it seems ok but when entering the same time restrictions for second device I get "duplicate error".   Have tried using Telstra Parental Controls I am unable to setup for individual devices.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Parental Control

Is your gateway the Telstra Smart Modem DJA0230? On that modem I can't enter two identical time of day rules for two separate devices.

boby51

Yes my modem is Technicolor DJA0230TLS and if I try slightly different times it gives error "overlapping" I wonder if latest modem has same problem?
cf4

Sorry I made a typo in the last message. It should have read "I can enter two identical time of day rules for different devices." Auto correct on my android phone must have change the can to can't.

There are two Gen 2 Smart modems one manufactured by Arcadyan and the other is manufactured by Technicolor. I haven't heard of any issues with the Technicolor Parental controls but there have been several post about problems with Arcadyan modem. One problem is can't have more than one rule for a device and the other problem is that have to convert times to GMT.
boby51

Thanks for your help. Will the new type smart modem have more flexibility to setup mutable times on more than one device?

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit