Paul-Dio
Level 2: Rookie

Site Blocked

Hi, I have a website that I use to share lessons with my students.  While on my Telstra broadband I have no issues accessing the site, two of my students have reported that the site is blocked.  ERR_SLL_PROTOCOL_ERROR is the message from Google Chrome.

The site is https://siena.oneclickdb.com.au and it is accessible via a hotspot and on other broadband services so I'm assuming it being blocked by Telstra.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Site Blocked

Telstra home broadband service have added security in the form off Telstra Broadband which blocks malicous  spots and other internet connections don't provide this protection.

If you go to this site and do a scan on your site you will find out why it is being blocked.

https://sitecheck.sucuri.net

Paul-Dio

Well apparently it’s because of the php version. I’ve set it to the most up to date version (7.3) but that site you referenced is requesting a sign up and payment to be removed from the blacklist. Surely Telstra won’t require this?

cf4

Telstra will not charge to have the site removed. If you use telstra internet connection and browse to http://siena.oneclickdb.com.au/ you will be redirected to a page with a link to with a link to report the site is safe. I have done this for you and the site will now be renewed but until Mcfee removes it from the blacklist I think the review will be unsucceful.

There is information here about how to remove site from blacklist.

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/WebAdvisor/how-to-remove-site-blacklist-from-mcafee/td-p/526693

You can create a ticket here

https://trustedsource.org/

ForensicsGuru
Level 21: Augmented

Your site is still reported as a phishing site by G-Data. You will need to contact them too... And my Telstra NBN is blocking it too, as well as my enterprise firewall...

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.
Paul-Dio

Ok, I’ve done the McAfees request, however reading the forums this can take significant time.

After hunting more forums I found virustotal who gave me the g-data result you suggested, however they don’t appear to have a link to request removal. Their contact form is for customers. I don’t understand how my site has been tagged as phishing. The php version I can accept and have no issues updating, this one seems more subjective. 

Paul-Dio

Thanks for the help with this one.  McAfee now recognises the site as Education/Reference with minimal risk. It went through far quicker than I expected.  Any thoughts on the G-Data referral link?  I haven't managed to find a thing about how to get a review of G-Data results.  Also, without Telstra blocking it on my connection how do you get the Telstra block lifted?  You were very kind to refer it to Telstra, however that was before the changes at McAfee.  it would be nice to know who the external partners are that Telstra uses so we can get the green light from them rather than hitting and hoping that the right scanners produce the right results.

cf4

I have resubmitted your site for review again. I don"t have any idea how to remove site from G datas black list, they do have a phone no you could try +61 1800225391. @ForensicsGuru  might know how to submit site for review by G data.

Paul-Dio

I ended up putting in a ticket to say my site was a phishing site with a very carefully worded comment attached.  I got this reply this evening.  

Dear G DATA service user,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
We have received our virus lab's answer to your submission.

We have now adjusted our automation, following your request, so that the website reported by you is no longer blocked by the G DATA web protection.

The large number of phishing and malware sites reported to us on a daily basis can only be classified by using automated analyses. 
 Unfortunately, in rare cases, these automations can cause false positive detections, resulting in regular websites being erroneously classified as phishing or malware sites.

We apologize for the erroneous classification.

Kind Regards,

--
Béla Nam Nguyen Dang
International B2B/B2C Support

Thanks for all your help, fingers crossed Telstra follow through and remove the block now both G-Data and McAfee have given the all clear.
Paul-Dio

Hi again,

After what took a bit longer than expected to process, my site is clean on virustotal and sitecheck.sucuri, how do I go about getting Telstra to fix this mess at their end now? The school year starts next week and I can’t afford to have it down. I don’t have the filtering to report the site as safe (I have an old Telstra account before it was free). Is it worth calling Telstra? Is there a reporting page for the general public?

Thanks again. 

cf4

I have resubmitted your site again as clean. Below is the redirection address. There is a contact us link on the page but it does not work.

https://www.telstra.com.au/apps/telstrabroadbandprotect/networkprotectionstandard?originalURL=aHR0cD...

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit