sweething67
Level 2: Rookie

telstra Broadband connect being cancelled. have no idea what to do.

hi  i recieved this email  and have no idea  what to do.....   this is what email has sent     i dont think ive got this on computer.     help.

We’re making changes to your Telstra Broadband Protect Bundle
Hi Tracy,
As part of our commitment to simplify our products and services, we occasionally need to update our products. We wanted to let you know about the following.
From 31st March 2021 the following features of Telstra Broadband Protect will be removed:
•       Anti-Virus Plus Security (downloadable software)
•       Safe Browser (downloadable software)
•       Social Media Protection
•       Anti-Virus Plus Security (downloadable software)
•       Safe Browser (downloadable software)
•       Social Media Protection
The Network Protection and Parental Control features will continue to be available.
Click here<https://news.telstra.com/pub/cc?_ri_=X0Gzc2X%3DAQpglLjHJlYQGjnhI54h9HzdWt7Lj0jsbLXaNIGlK5N5wMzbMudzb...> for more information on Telstra Broadband Protect

I NEVER EVEN NEW I HAD IT. I only have NBN on Home LINE... not on mobile .

What’s next?
Please uninstall Telstra Anti-Virus Plus Security and Safe Browser from your PC, Mac or Android device. The process to uninstall the application is the same as uninstalling any other application on your device.

If you do nothing, the software will remain on your computer/device but will not be updated. Over time, it will stop working and you may be exposed to new viruses and spyware.

These removed features will be replaced with a new product Device Protect<https://news.telstra.com/pub/cc?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: telstra Broadband connect being cancelled. have no idea what to do.

You don't need to do anything. Telstra Broadband protect is in included with consumer grade Telstra NBN service. One of its features was free antivirus software that was available free for download and installation on up to 5 devices. If you didn't download and install the software you don't need to do anything.

sweething67
Level 2: Rookie

Thank you cf4,,

Your help is greatly appreciated... probaly more than you realize.

Best Wishes.

Burger3
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra has variously sold its protection platform for $10.00 depending on what marketing strategy it is employing. The current protection system is included in my nbn package. Reasonable presumption that part of the cost of the package was $10.00 for said protection. Surely the replacement protection should supersede the older system at no cost to the client who has already entered a contract for service. Otherwise, on my contract, this represents an 11% increase to the service. How does the Prices Justification Tribunal view this increase?

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit