Sammich_AHK
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Broadband Protect blocking my website.

I have a website https://sammichscripts.com/ that multiple of my clients can't access because they are Telstra customers.

I have reason to suspect my competition has reported my site as malicious, however it is not.

The generic error my Telstra clients are receiving is.. "This site can't provide a secure connection - ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR"

I've checked the domain and SSL blacklists and my site it not blacklisted.

Can my site be removed from your blacklist.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Telstra Broadband Protect blocking my website.

It is blacklisted by 2 services according to virustotal, so you will need to get delisted from them.

The only way to get it delisted from Telstra's blacklist is to cliick on the "Report site as safe" link on the blocking screen, which probably won't appear as the error message that you've posted isn't something that would typically be provided by TBP. It is a browser generated error.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Sammich_AHK

It might not be related to "Broadband Protect" then, but it's definitely Telstra related, as my clients who are with Telstra cannot connect, even from their in-laws place who is also with Telstra, and the generic error code screen that I mentioned, does not have any sort of "Report Site as Safe" button, i'll attach a picture of what it looks like.

Also, when I tell the clients to change their DNS settings, it fixes the issue immediately. This is what I tell them to do. However this shouldn't be necessary.

1. Search for control panel in start menu, open it
2. Open Network and Internet settings
3. Open Network and Sharing center
4. Select Change Adapter Settings on the left hand side
5. Right click your Network Adapter and select Properties.
6. Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then Properties.
7. Toggle Use the following DNS server addresses and type in two DNS addresses. (I personally use Google and Cloudflare dns, servers are 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1) 8. Select OK when done. Try to access site.

So can you please tell me, if it's not Broadband Protect, why do all Telstra clients get this issue?

Sammich_AHK

Disregard, it's definitely Broadband Protect, it just doesn't load the block in chrome, only IE.

Sammich_AHK

PS: We used to have about 10 vendors blocking our site on VirusTotal, we've had to whitelisted with most of them, however those last two don't seem to respond to whitelist requests, what would you suggest next?

Jupiter

I think you may have identified the problem. If it is only happening with IE (which nobody should be using, as it's no longer supported by Microsoft), then it's probably due to to the outdated software that they are using.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit