Wi1zy
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra broadband protect

I've been trying for the last 4 hours to contact Telstra customer service, to have TBP removed from my PC. Twice I was told I was being transferred to someone else only to have the calls cut off. The 3rd time they actually transferred me to the Trend Micro call center. So back in line for another 20 minute wait time just to be told that I have to take it to a PC store and pay for someone to remove it. Does anyone have any ACTUAL removal solutions that work? Or a link to a removal tool that works?

And no the usual Telstra methods don't work.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Telstra broadband protect

Wi1zy

Thats for trend

Dowser
Level 21: Augmented

Telstra Broadband Protect does not reside on your computer. It is incorporated into your Telstra Broadband service.

You can adjust its settings:

• Open the My Telstra app
    Use your Telstra ID to sign in. Don't have a Telstra ID? Register now 
  • Go to the Services tab
    Select the internet service.
  • Scroll to Broadband Protect
    Choose the online security feature you'd like to manage and select Settings.
  • Personalise your settings
    View or change your level of protection.

Source

To get the service completely removed you have to ask Telstra Support.

You can call them on 132200 (9am - 8pm AEST Weekdays)

Wi1zy

As per the original post, Telstra Support told me to take it to a PC repair place to have it removed completely.

SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

I am not confident that Telstra Support can be relied upon for technical solutions like that..    it's grain of salt stuff in my experience - they try to tell you all sorts of things so they can mark it as solved and boost their KPI's..  

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Dowser

@Wi1zy wrote:

As per the original post, Telstra Support told me to take it to a PC repair place to have it removed completely.

I actually read your original post, and replied appropriately.

How do you think that “it” got onto your computer?.

Please read the following from the Telstra website:

No
, Broadband Protect is already enabled when your internet plan becomes activated, so there's no need for software downloads or installation.

(emphasis added)

Source

If you do take my aforementioned advice and call Telstra Support, mention the word “security” when prompted.

Wi1zy

As per my original post I spent 4 hours on a call with Telstra. They directed me through the usual uninstall method. However, when clicking on TBP to uninstall, it asks for a username and password, but then wouldn't accept the username and password. They even reset it from their end and it wouldn't accept the new password either, which is why they told me to take it to a PC repair place to have it removed.

The whole point of my post was to find an online uninstaller that works, as Telstra's method is to pass the problem to someone else anyway.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit