Beakon
Level 2: Rookie

web site blocked

our website is blocked https://au.beakon.io

and many others on this domain for example https://au.beakon.io/dhl 

There are no reported issues on all the other malicious scanning sites.

We have over 100,000 business users accessing this site - how can we get this unblocked on Telstra Broadband Protect.

Please help its causing chaos - no one at Telstra support can assist,

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
22 REPLIES 22
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: web site blocked

I am able to access both those sites using a Telstra NBN connection in SA. The first site only displays 

web server is ok

Beakon

Yes, but if you have broadband protect on you get this... 

This site can’t provide a secure connection

au.beakon.io sent an invalid response.

• Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR
Beakon

Every malicious listing website like McaFee and the hundreds of others have a way to report a false positive -and they remove the domain - Telstra doesn't have this - Telstra support is 100% useless at troubleshooting this...It's a disgrace. We have thousands of users who cant access our service.

Thanks for trying to help. Much more than I've got from Telstra after several of our technical team have spent Hr's on the phone today.

cf4

I had Broadband protect set to low. When I change setting to default and site was blocked.

Using http://au.beakon.io/ managed to load Telstra Broadband protect blocking page were there is a link to report site as safe. Hopefully the blocking will be removed after Telstra has checked the site. 

Beakon

Thanks again. I can't find the report website is safe option - Please post the URL.

It would be amazing if someone from Telstra could assist here.

cf4

This is the website I got redirected to when I used .http://au.beakon.io/ instead of https://au.beakon.io

(https://www.telstra.com.au/apps/telstrabroadbandprotect/networkprotectionlow?originalURL=aHR0cDovL2F...)

If https://au.beakon.io is used I get same error message as you because browser detects that the Broadband protect page has incorrect certificate.

LauraBee
Support Team
Support Team

The Telstra link that cf4 provided will have the "Report this website as safe" button available. Once that's done, the feedback gets sent to our security partners for their review, and if the team are able to confirm that everything is safe they'll unblock the site. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Beakon

Hi Laura, I can't open the link or report this website is safe. Our site is still down and is used by tens of thousands of users. It's now been unaccessible on (Telstra) for 2-3 days now. The website is not malicious.

Could you or someone from Telstra or let me know who I can contact to get this resolved? This is urgent and we have no way of contacting anyone. It's impacting our business and no one at Telstra can assist.

Dowser
Level 22: Superhuman

When I click on the first link in your first post using Safari on my iPhone it displays the following:

Is that what you expect?.

NB: this is using Mobile Network internet, without Telstra Broadband Protect.

chrodo
Level 9: Captain

This Needs to be fixed , A large number of NBN contracters need this site to work to do there jobs !

which includes Telstra customers , I have reported this site safe ! And will have to let NBN know of the fault before it becomes a big issue.

FTTN Tech. Appinions are my own.
jayonaise
Support Team
Support Team

Do you have your website unblocked now @Beakon?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Dowser

Further to my previous post, your first link now results in:

web server is ok

This is again using Safari on my iPhone.

Why is the response different to what was displayed yesterday?.

Beakon

NO, it's still blocked.

Beakon

The Beakon service is used to manage workplace health, safety, and compliance for many of Australia's largest organisations. Telstra is the only company blocking the Beakon service it's been reported since Friday and still no one from Telstra has bothered to resolve the issue. As per Chrodo's post, the service is used by NBN and others to manage telco contractors potentially affecting Telstra.

Ask someone to white-list the domain and stop this nuisance. Or supply a contact number or email, Telstra needs to take responsibility for this.

chrodo

As a work around Let your customers no that using a VPN is a work around till this gets sorted .

Thats what I have done so that I can Up load my Covid vac's status !

chrodo

Most people can still get on throw there phones , It is when you try throw web browser on Table top PC/Laptop, both firefox and Micro soft edge are a no go . Another tech I know can get on threw Safari on there IPhone but that is no help to others , and try and explain a VPN to a 50+ tech good luck.

Beakon

Dear client,

Telstra has recently made a change to its "Broadband protect" default settings which prevents users from accessing our domain.  No other sites are listing our domain as Malicious.

We have reported this to Telstra (Friday 29th) and are now waiting on their security providers to reassess and remove our domain from the list. Until they do this our domain won't be available.

If you access Beakon from a non-Telstra internet connection (without broadband connect) you will access the Beakon service.

Or you can log into Telstra and change your broadband connect default settings to low this will allow you to access the Beakon service.

This is no fault of ours and unfortunately waiting on Telstra to whitelist our domain. We will send out further updates when we hear from Telstra.

ACroker
Support Team
Support Team

Hi there, I just wanted to check in here to see if there had been any update on this. I can see you've reported tis to us already so a team should be investigating it at the moment. If you need to get in touch with us about this or need to chase up an update on the progress of this case, please feel free to get in touch with us over social media as we're available there 24 x 7 and will be happy to assist in whatever way we can.

- Ash

Beakon

Ash no one at Telstra has done anything to resolve our problem. We logged this on Friday 29th.

This is gross negligence and willful misconduct on Telstra's behalf and will be reported to the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman.

Jupiter

@Beakon, just so that you're aware, the TIO won't be able to do anything as it is outside of their remit. Partly because they can only take complaints from residential customers and small businesses (<$3m turnover and less than 20 FTE employees), and partly because they can't do anything about sites being blocked.

If you wish to lodge a complaint, then you may need to approach the ACCC instead.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
misslisa
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for that info Beakon,

Did you happen to have any reference numbers you could share across from speaking with our team on the 29th?

Beakon

The issue was fixed yesterday. No one from Telstra has informed us. We have numerous case numbers etc open with Telstra. Thanks for reaching out, it's now resolved.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit