lustigio
Level 1: Cadet

Websites being blocked by Telstra

Really need help. My business sites have been blocked for over a week now.

vigilantdetection.com

vigilantgroupau.com

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Websites being blocked by Telstra

Both sites are being reported as malicious or phishing by 6 services according to Virustotal. You'll need to go through your sites and make sure that all you Wordpress themes and addons are up to date and then request delisting from each of the services listed.

Then, when the Telstra Broadband Protect blocking page comes up, click on the "Report as Safe" link to request delisting there.

vigilantdetection.com is the bigger problem as even my browser is warning me that it is not secure.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
lustigio

Thanks Juptier,
We removed all malware several weeks ago and have scanned the site with several providers and confirm if is now cleared. We also moved hosting provider and installed additional security since the attack.

It seems we are only having the problem with Telstra blocking the site now. Will reach out to the services listed but was hoping Telstra could help quicker.

Ozmoz
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

@lustigio wrote:

Thanks Juptier,
We removed all malware several weeks ago and have scanned the site with several providers and confirm if is now cleared. We also moved hosting provider and installed additional security since the attack.

It seems we are only having the problem with Telstra blocking the site now. Will reach out to the services listed but was hoping Telstra could help quicker.

Hi @lustigio 

As Jupiter mentioned, Virustotal is still reporting issues. So Telstra will not unblock until corrected (Regardless of your scans with other providers)

Footnote: I dont work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.
Jupiter

I have done some more checks.

vigilantgroupau.com is being blocked by McAfee as well

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
lustigio

Thanks for the input guys.
How do we go about requesting a removal?

Jupiter

You need to go to each of the services that have your site listed and request them to reassess your site.

For Telstra, you need to click on the "Report as Safe" link that appears on the page that comes up when the site is blocked.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit