CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Websites I visit are blocked because of Parental Control but I don't have Broadband Protect!!!

I have submitted this inquiry through the complaints section as I have not been able to get the matter resolved on tech support or 24x7 chat, but I thought I may be able to get assistance this way too.

For some reason when I visit some sites I get the following message:

Parental Controls: Blocked Content

Blocked website: http://www.bitlordsearch.com (for example)

Policy: Parental Control

Access now

If you're the account owner, enter your My Account login to:

Turn off Parental Controls for one hour

Allow internet access to all devices connected to your Telstra home broadband for one hour

Allow Permanent access

Add this site to your list of allowed websites, so that you can visit it on any device connected to your Telstra home broadband.

Username

Password

I do not have Telstra Broadband Protect and am a single adult! I have no idea why this is happening. I called technical support who suggested I remove my firewall but if I wanted more assistance I needed to pay $15 for a platinum technician, at least that was my understanding.

When I try to login to get permission to access the website I get the following message:

"Sorry there was a network error and we are unable to process your request. Please try again or contact us for assistance."

I am a very happy Telstra customer but this is quite frustrating and I would like it resolved. This is happening on several websites that I should be able to access. Again, I don't even have Telstra Broadband Protect so this shouldn't be happening at all.

Would anybody in the Telstra community be able to help me with this?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Websites I visit are blocked because of Parental Control but I don't have Broadband Protect!!!

If this helps I have screenshots:

Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 2.20.57 am.pngScreen Shot 2017-08-01 at 2.21.24 am.png

Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Websites I visit are blocked because of Parental Control but I don't have Broadband Protect!!!

The suggestion about removing your Firewall indicates that the consultant doesn't have a clue what they are talking about.

Unfortunately, that error message means that there is a fault in the back end systems that is preventing the site from authenticating your login credentials.  The only option is to call back. There should not be a charge for assistance as it doesn't require Platinum Support, it just requires the consultant to flag the systems failure so it can be fixed.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi There, if you can send me a Private Message with the BigPond Username associated with your Internet Service, I can check to see what protection is applied to your account. Just confirming, you haven;'t applied any Parental Controls to your service, and nobody else has access to make changes?
Formerly of Telstra
Highlighted

hi I have exactly the same issue. hoping you may fix please.

cheers

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit