Sharni49
Level 1: Cadet

Call Guardian 301 - ordering additional handsets and Technical Question

To Sales,

I already have one Call Guardian answering machine with 2 handsets and I'm very happy with them. I would like to purchase a set for an elderly relative plus an additional 3 handsets, 2 for her and an extra handset for myself. 

The local Telstra stores stock the twin base set but not the extra handsets and tell me that they are unable to get them in for me. That means I have to order them over the phone which I just tried to do. The lovely lady tells me that I am up for $12 postage on each item. That's an extra $36 for the additional handsets or $48 postage if I order everything together and save myself a separate trip to your local store. 

Local stock

Why can't the local stores order the additional handsets in for me to save myself and others the cost of freight? Or even stock them in the first place which they tell me they don't and are unable to do. 

Compatibility with medi - alert systems

Also, will there be any conflict with this type of phone when used side by side with a monitored personal alert system - my relative is not yet on NBN but has a medi alert installed.

Thanks, Sharen. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Big_Dan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Call Guardian 301 - ordering additional handsets and Technical Question

Hi Sharni49 - welcome to Crowd Support!

I have passed your feedback along to my one ups regarding a store's ability to order stock, you are quite right, it does seem ridiculous that they cannot do this.

As for the medi-alert system compatibility, being unfamiliar with this device I won't be able to say for certain. If the medi-alert plugs into a separate phone outlet in the wall, there should be no problems of compatibility; it would be the same as having a different handset plugged into different phone ports around the house.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Sharni49
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Call Guardian 301 - ordering additional handsets and Technical Question

Thanks for your assistance. 

Cheers 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit