VK3ST
Level 1: Cadet

Overhead Line height

We have a Telstra telephone and probably data feed that crosses our private property to feed to properties next to our own.

Our cable / NBN feed is underground.

The aerial cable that crosses our driveway from a nature strip power pole is at a height of less than three metres at one point and also interferes with my desire to install a shade sail to help with the continual nightime droppings of possum poo etc onto our car.

I have had contact with Telstra and they sent someone to look and they now claim that it is at a safe height.

I asked for a letter stating that in the opinion of Telstra that the cable was at a safe height and they refused.

Given that the underground cables go past the next door properties, I was suggesting that if Telstra could not raise the cable, then given the demand that we all move to NBN system within the next 18 months ( as we have already done) then why not connect these properties to the underground service as we have done?

The only answer I could get from someone in what sounded like a call centre, was that if I believed it was at a dangerous height, then I could apply and pay for the work to be done as I suggested.

Has anyone else ben in a simlar situation and been able to resolve it without recourse to Ombudsman or other means?

Location is in the Caulfield South area.

Thanks for any replies.

ian

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit