Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Hardware issue on A NETGEAR DC112a

Hi, can I return a Netgear device, DC112A, back to the store under warranty if I did not buy the device from this store. I brought online from a Telstra dealer who is no longer in operation.  I have attempted to return the device directly back to Netgear but they say the device needs to be return through a Testra store, as it is a Telstra product. Netgear ack the device is still under warranty until May 2017 and has a hardware fault when docking the Aircard into the cradle which will not detect the Aircard.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Hardware issue on A NETGEAR DC112a

Legally, Netgear are wrong and have an obligation to accept the warranty claim direct from the consumer under the manufacturer warranty.

If you bought it from a Telstra licencee, you should be able to take it in to any Telstra Store and they can send it in for assessment and repair (you would need to take the receipt with you).

I would recommend contacting the store on (07) 4031 7000 and have a chat with them before you take it back in.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit