ALISON1969
Level 1: Cadet

iOS9 Update - Unable to activate iMessage or Facetime

Since updating my iPhone 6 to iOS9 I am not able to activate iMessage of Facetime. It also appears that messages I am sending as texts are often not going through & I am not receiving any texts or iMessages. Everything else is working correctly. I have Googled this problem and many suggestions were made (turn off wifi, turn phone on & off, reset network settings, use in airplane mode) but none have worked so far. Please help??

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Re: iOS9 Update - Unable to activate iMessage or Facetime

Good afternoon Alison

As the retail stores do not usually monitor these messages, I will respond.

I have not heard of this issue before, and think the quickest way to obtain assistance is to ring Apple on 1300 321 456.

Kind regards

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Jon_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: iOS9 Update - Unable to activate iMessage or Facetime

Hi Alison1969, 

If the issue only started after the update, you may want to try backing up and restoring on iTunes.

- Jon

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit