Rayan
Level 1: Cadet

Payment issue, charged twice

Hi,
I bough last Sunday (20th) a Transcend RDP 9 OTG micro USB reader ($15) between 12-1 pm (Hobart shop, Elizabeth street); must have been around 1 pm. I paid with my credit/debit card and on the terminal it seemed to work, but no receipt was printed so it was tought that the payment didn't go trought. We tried again with another computer and it worked and I got a receipt (which unfortunately I don't have now). First payment was made using the debit side of the card while the second was made using the credit account (reason why you will see 2 different card numbers). I was told to come back if I am charged twice. I noticed today that I was indeed charged twice. Unfortunately, I am not in Hobart anymore and I won't be able to pass by your shop again. Could you please look into this matter and return me $15? If you need any details (card information) please contact me by email:<email address removed to protect your privacy>  Smiley Happy

Best regards
Rayan

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Rayan

Re: Payment issue, charged twice

Sorry, payment was made between 12pm-3pm! Thought I think it was around 1pm.
DrQ
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Hey Rayan,

Due to the public nature of this forum, it looks like the moderators have removed your contact information for your personal protection.

Your best bet is to contact the store by phone using Phone: 1800 726 819 that way they can privately discuss the situation, look into it and sort it out for you.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Caaf
Level 23: Superhero

Hey Ryan,

Sorry to add to the trouble but the stores simply don't reside here. You may be forced to talking to Telstra directly which may be even for frustrating.

Cheers,
Dave

Kalak
Level 23: Superhero

In all honesty, it's probably going to be quicker and easier to just deal with your bank. Dispute the 2nd charge as a duplicate charge.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Rayan

Thank you guys for the fast answers! Good to know that the store doesn't monitor these conversations, so no need to wait for an answer from them here. I will call the store and if it doesn't work out I will just do as Kalak suggested (deal with my bank, they usually wish you to try to deal first with the seller).

Merry christmas!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit