Redwilder
Level 1: Cadet

SIM card for travel

Answered

Hello,

I am traveling to Hobart this year and was wondering what I would to convert my phone so i can use it while there? As i understand it, i can un-lock my iphone with AT&T and simply get a SIM card to use while abroad for both phone and data features.

Thank you,

Ben Odum

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kalak
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: SIM card for travel

Hi Ben.

If your phone is unlocked by AT&T, and supports 3G 850Mhz (as a minimum) then you should be good to go with Telstra on arrival.

https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/prepaid-mobiles/offers-and-rates

If you have a look at that page, it'll give you an idea of what is available on Prepaid from Telstra. Prepaid Plus is generally the best all-round offer for most people.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Kalak
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: SIM card for travel

Hi Ben.

If your phone is unlocked by AT&T, and supports 3G 850Mhz (as a minimum) then you should be good to go with Telstra on arrival.

https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/prepaid-mobiles/offers-and-rates

If you have a look at that page, it'll give you an idea of what is available on Prepaid from Telstra. Prepaid Plus is generally the best all-round offer for most people.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit