DGRAY3
Level 3: Gumshoe

Service Guarantee credit

My NBN has been fine but i got  3 months credit on the last bill.....why is Telstra so generous or is it a mistake, $360 credit !

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Service Guarantee credit

The credit could be for a speed boost that Telstra was not able to provide due to physical limitations of your connection. NBN sells links with different speed, 12/1, 25/5, 50/20 and 100/40. With NBN FTTN and Fixed radio links the actual speed of the link can be limited by a number of factors. For example if you had a FTTN connection and were paying for 100/40 but your NBN link due to the distance from the node was only capable of providing 50/20 you plan would be dropped to the 50/20 and you would have received a credit for the difference.

You might also have received a credit if your service had been unusable for extended period of time.

There should have been an email or letter explaining why you have received the credit.

DGRAY3
Level 3: Gumshoe

I had 100/40 from day one ....actually around 96/36 on Ookla .FTTP connection in a new building alraedy set up when i connected.
Big_Dan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey DGRAY3, sorry for the slow response.

Do you have any other accounts under your name? I manage my in-laws service and accounts for them, and they recently got a CSG credit meant for my account. Not sure how it happened, and not overly fussed to be fair - after the help they've given my wife and I covering their services for a couple of months is the least I can do. I digress.

Anyway, if it's not that, probably best not to call attention to it unless you're seriously losing sleep over it - if it has been provided in error it may be clawed back; in fact if it has been provided in error it might get corrected anyway, the internal auditing systems are pretty good these days.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit