Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

17 year old Telstra Webmail email address suspended and cannot be found to reactivate

Answered

I have had a Telstra webmail address for 17 years with no problem. It;s never been linked to a billing account (I was 15 when I signed up for it on telstra.com webmail like a hotmail or gmail.

It worked perfectly fine last night, then this morning, it was gone. Everything deleted off my iphone, and when I try to log into the email.telstra.com to access it via a desktop, it takes me to a support page telling me that it's suspended.

I called the support number, was told they can't help me and sent to the live chat. The guy I spoke to on the livechat tried to help, but was unable to find my account. Apparently there is no database or way of finding webmail address that aren't linked to a Telstra or Bigpond paid billing account.

I've been told that the only email address that I have used for 17 years for EVERYTHING in my life is no longer accessible to me - i can no longer get emails, send emails, or access my archives or contact list. It's like it never existed, except that it is linked to my whole world.

I can go onto telstra.com and log into the 'my account' section and it comes up with my name, username and password and profile etc - but when I then click the webmail button - nothing....

Surely there is a way to find Webmail addresses in their system - there has to be a host or server somewhere - someone was able to suspend the account, so it must exist somewhere...

I need it back!!! Can anyone help me, I'm desperate???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: 17 year old Telstra Webmail email address suspended and cannot be found to reactivate

There was an announcement made some time ago that free email addresses such as @telstra.com addresses would require either a paid email subscription or to be linked up to a paid Telstra broadband service - or they would be discontinued.

If you can't get assistance with tech support on 133933 then I would suggest asking the rep to lodge a complaint on your behalf and have a case manager assigned to you. They can liaise with folks in the background to find the right person to get you a final answer.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: 17 year old Telstra Webmail email address suspended and cannot be found to reactivate

There was an announcement made some time ago that free email addresses such as @telstra.com addresses would require either a paid email subscription or to be linked up to a paid Telstra broadband service - or they would be discontinued.

If you can't get assistance with tech support on 133933 then I would suggest asking the rep to lodge a complaint on your behalf and have a case manager assigned to you. They can liaise with folks in the background to find the right person to get you a final answer.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit