phil1963
Level 1: Cadet

4 Days without email due to Outlook Migration my business is not running. urgent.

Hi

migrate to Outlook.com for my Bigpond Email. (biggest Mistake I have ever done)

My Bigpond Email address was already associated with Microsoft. (For Skydrive Services etc)

To date:

Logged into: https://messaging.bigpond.com/update/status.do says Your mailbox is currently being updated.

Logged into: https://myaccount.bigpond.com/MyServices.do there is a big blue box on the right saying Email Migration Status = "M" (does that mean anything?)

If I log into Outlook.com, it says

You've lost access to your email

The inbox you've been using is no longer available. This can occur when your account is owned by an organization, or when someone else confirms ownership of the email address.
You haven't lost access to the other services you use with your Microsoft account. However, you must choose a new primary alias to continue.

I have sent a test email to my bigpond email, nothing bounces back and I am not getting any new emails since I started this process.

Tried the pop3.live.com email settings, says wrong password/not authorised.

4 days is a long time without email, since I am runnung a bussness, I have been with bigpond for over 10 years.

tried the 24x7 and was told that I just have to wait and they could not help.

The next day a called on my mobile and was told the same so I kicked up a stink and asked for a supervisor.

Supervisor was nice but he told me that it will still take 3 to 4 days to get sorted. This is now going to be 7 days.

I loose hundreds of dollars per day by not having my email working and I ask the question and get no straight answer. I do have a ref number but is useless if I still have to wait.

philip

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Brodie_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: 4 Days without email due to Outlook Migration my business is not running. urgent.

Hey Philip,

I looks like the email has had issues during the migration. We don't have access via Crowdsupport to your account so unfortunately I can't confirm this. 

Are you able to provide your reference? I can look into this and see what I can find 🙂

Brodie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

phil1963

Re: 4 Days without email due to Outlook Migration my business is not running. urgent.

PM sent
phil1963

PM Sent

Nic_E

Re: 7 Days + without email due to Outlook Migration my business is not running. urgent.

Looks like Telstra have a habit of this!

I requested the email migration to Outlook over a week ago. Also chatted with "consultants" both online and telephonically(1hr30min later one one call alone) and once we got through the language barrier they were unable to help. I too run a business and have been unable to access my email over the end of the month to receive invoices and as such are unable pay bills including Telstra's. I cant even access email through webmail.

This is very unprofessional, and I believe Telstra would be in breach of their contract as the serice provider.

Anyone able to help? Or should I go directly to the Ombudsman........

Nic

nocallback

Re: 7 Days + without email due to Outlook Migration my business is not running. urgent.

Don't hold your breath for Telstra to fix your problem.  I have spent the last five days trying to get my email fixed and have requested 5 call backs and still waiting for someone to call me.  Received email (which came thru no problems as it was a Telstra email  - how come their emails arrive but other party emails dont?????????  The email from Telstra was sent AFTER the migration - was the first I knew of it.  Of course you cannot speak with someone in Australia about your problems and one example of the lack of service from overseas call centre - they pasted what I should see in my email set up AND it was totally different to what appeared in the Telstra email - useless information as usual.  If you dont get your email fixed contact the Telecommunication Ombudsman (who is receiving plenty of calls from Telstra cleints) and get them to assist.  Paying for a service that is non existent is not on Telstra!.  Bet they wont credit you for time without your email!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit