fozz3d
Level 1: Cadet

4 Days without email due to Outlook Migration. Why so long?

Answered

Hi All,

Took the plunge to migrate to Outlook.com for my Bigpond Email.

My Bigpond Email address was already associated with Microsoft. (For Live Services etc)

To date:

Logged into: https://messaging.bigpond.com/update/status.do says Your mailbox is currently being updated.

Logged into: https://myaccount.bigpond.com/MyServices.do there is a big blue box on the right saying Email Migration Status = "M" (does that mean anything?)

If I log into Outlook.com, it says

You've lost access to your email

The inbox you've been using is no longer available. This can occur when your account is owned by an organization, or when someone else confirms ownership of the email address.
You haven't lost access to the other services you use with your Microsoft account. However, you must choose a new primary alias to continue.

I have sent a test email to my bigpond email, nothing bounces back and I am not getting any new emails since I started this process.

Tried the pop3.live.com email settings, says wrong password/not authorised.

4 days is a long time without email, since it is my only email and need it for personal use everyday.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: 4 Days without email due to Outlook Migration. Why so long?

Hi fozz3d,

We respond to each customer in the order that the form was submitted. It can take 3-5 working days for a response depending on the work load. 

You will be contacted as soon as possible.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
13 REPLIES 13
Brodie_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Fozz3d,

The email migration should only take 24-48 hrs, so if this is still showing as updating, something may have gone wrong. I'll send you a PM to grab some details on this and see if we can get this sorted 🙂

Brodie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

fozz3d

PM replied with reference number.
fozz3d

7 days now, with no access to email, had 3 chats with 24x7 chat, had every excuse under the sun from email server upgrade to give it another 24-48 hours........
Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi fozz3d,

We respond to each customer in the order that the form was submitted. It can take 3-5 working days for a response depending on the work load. 

You will be contacted as soon as possible.

View solution in original post

Caaf
Level 23: Superhero

Updates?

Cheers,
Dave

DFE

This has now happened to me.  I requested to migrate Friday afternoon/evening.  It is now 9.57 pm Wednesday night and I still don't appear to have progressed.  Really not good enough.

Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi DFE,

Can you log into your account using the below to confirm the current status? 

http://bigpond.com/email-status

Yashem

I am having the same issue. The problem with my email account is that it has been over a week now that it has been "migrating". I constantly get messages to update my settings but when I put in the parameters for the pop3 server it is unsuccessful. I am worried that I will now lose important email comminications. I now regret that I requested my email account to be migrated to the pop3 server.

Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Yashem,

Unfortunately there are times when the migration doesn't go smoothly. If your email account hasn't completed the migration within 48 hours, then it is time to contact Tech Support to have this escalated.

- Shelly

BeverlyG

I am envious. I have been without email for three weeks today since updating/migration began.

Exrtremely dissatisfied.

Steph
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi BeverlyG,

That's a long time to be without your email service. 

Have you contacted our Technical Support team to follow this up?

BeverlyG

I have contacted half a dozen people

Here is a rundown of the case (excerpts only here).

November 26: I access my mail (via mobile as I am at a conference in Melbourne) and get the message that it is updating

November 29: When I access my mail (via mobile, tablet and PC, Outlook 2013 and webmail) I still get the message that it is updating. I contact Telstra and ‘speak’’ with MacJim who dismisses me with the comment that it sometimes takes longer and I will be notified when my email is already migrated via email. I ask MacJim how many days it usually takes and he replies that he will escalate the issue to make sure it is migrated as soon as possible. INT-1-335822718037

November 30: I have been without email for four days. I ‘speak’ with Nadia May. She tells me the mailbox is active but still updating and is concerned because it should take only 24-48 hours. She tells me to monitor my email to see if it is updated. She processes an escalation to Level 2 Department and issues Ticket number TT1-335870109093, adding that I will receive an email that allows me to get back in touch.

I ask where she plans to send this email.

December 2: Receive a call at work on my mobile from Telstra and am asked why I want to change my email address. I tell her I don’t want to change my address. I want my email fixed. She says that is not what it says. I ask who reported that I wanted my email changed. You were supposed to be fixing it. She says she will process an escalation. I do not get a call back.

December 5: Telephone Technical. Speak with Paul. He says not to worry; his supervisor James is working on it as we speak. He will call me in two days. INT-1-342097176004. Reference 1-343290999226. No one calls.

December 9: Go into a Telstra store. Advised to call complaints. 132200.

December 10 at 6.45 a.m.: Telephone Complaints. Told it will take 3 minutes to be connected with an operator. One hour and 12 minutes later (still on hold) line is disconnected.

December 10 (evening): 24/7 Facebook. ‘Speak’ to Ben. During our exchange he asks: The email address you are having the trouble with is associated with a Dial-up account, do you still use the dial up service or have you just kept it to be able to use the email address?

Dec 11: I ask why they are requesting that information only now and no, the email address is [edited to remove email address] and it is ADSL2 ... once ISDN was available I switched to that and once ASDN was available I switched to that. The other one [edited to remove email address]  was assigned and is linked to the internet account but [edited to remove email address] has been the email address actually used these last 14 or so years.

December 12: Ben D replies: I have provided this to the guys looking at your email. At the moment I have no ETA as because the standard fixes/updates have not worked, they need to investigate further how to restore it. Please be assured I am keeping an eye on it and will be in touch when I get a response.

December 14: Email is still not working. When I go to webmail it goes into a recursive loop. Back to homepage.

Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Bev,

I do know that Ben is doing everything possible to have this issue resolved as quickly as possible for you.   I understand that this has been ongoing for quite some time, however due to errors with the failed migration some months ago, this has made a simple fix much more complicated.

- Shelly

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit