ICK318
Level 1: Cadet

add an extra e-mail address?

Answered

on line mytelstra account does not seem to allow me to add an extra e-mail address. It only acknowledges my primary address and how to delete an address not add one?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: add an extra e-mail address?

Telstra stopped providing email addresses for even new customers quite a while ago, and removed the ability for existing customers to add them not long after that. Telstra seem to be moving towards retiring their email offering, which isn't suprising given the problems with it in recent years.

I would suggest you create a ne email account on a more industry based offering, like gmail, outlook or other provider..  that way it is more portable for you should you decide to move to another service provider.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
SteveW_52
Accepted Solution

Telstra stopped providing email addresses for even new customers quite a while ago, and removed the ability for existing customers to add them not long after that. Telstra seem to be moving towards retiring their email offering, which isn't suprising given the problems with it in recent years.

I would suggest you create a ne email account on a more industry based offering, like gmail, outlook or other provider..  that way it is more portable for you should you decide to move to another service provider.

Stevo 52

View solution in original post

AndyE9999999999

Evidently an answer, but not a solution.

Creating an "industry based offering, like gmail, outlook or other provider." is just creating another problem.

I'm more than happy with my @bigpond.com email address and have never had any problems with it.

Telsta still provides a primary email account, so how do we get secondary Telstra/Bigpond accounts ?????

SteveW_52

Did you read ALL my response to your question? Telstra is no longer providing email addresses, haven't done so since late last year..  while "Creating an "industry based offering, like gmail, outlook or other provider." is just creating another problem" might not suit you, it is the only way to get a new email address - I won't even start to guess as to why that creates another problem for you in particular, others seem to manage OK..

Stevo 52
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

As Steve pointed out, Telstra stopped allowing the creation of Telstra Mail accounts in September 2020.

They also removed the paid option for people who either wanted to purchase a Telstra Mail Service or retain it after they cancelled their Telstra Home Broadband Service. This effectively puts Telstra Mail in an End of Life holding pattern.

If you cancel a Telstra Home Broadband Service, you can now keep your Telstra Mail service for a maximum of 12 months, at which time it will be deleted. You need to notify Telstra prior to cancelling/porting your service that you wish to keep it, otherwise it will be cancelled at the same time as your Home Broadband account.

If you do need other email addresses, then there are the free services such as GMail, Outlook,com etc, or you can buy a hosting package from a commercial provider, which are quite cheap these days. Any of these options will provide you with an email service that has more functionality than Telstra Mail.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
buffy57

I also have this problem with my Bigpond email accounts, it would have been nice for Telstra to advise of this happening so that i could have remedied this sooner rather than me wasting two days to find the solution by following many leads down a deep hole into this crowd support. Why doesn't Telstra support us directly!!!!

Dowser
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

The situation has been discussed previously in this forum.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit