sucked-in-again
Level 2: Rookie

Additional mailbox

I am a returned Telstra customer with a partially working 5 day old service and no-one at the contract call-centre support team has the necessary knowledge to solve my problem. As a Telstra customer I am permitted to have 14 free email-boxes and nowhere on the Telstra website is there any information to assist me in setting up an additional mailbox. There is info on "closing or reopening existing mailboxes" that allude to a "My Services" page, link or button, (it is unclear which) and supposedly on that page is a button for additional mailboxes, but I can't find a "My Services" page, link or button nor any info on creating a new additional mailbox, nor an "additional mailbox" button.

Does anyone know how to create an additional mailbox?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Additional mailbox

If you wish to add a mail box log in to Telstra My Account

https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/home

Once log in there should be link for Managing your email accounts on the left hand side of the screen. If you click on this link a new page opens. There is a link on this page for adding a mailbox.

Once you have created the new mailbox make sure you are logged out of your current mailbox and Telstra My Account. Go to https://email.telstra.com/webmail and enter the email address and password of your new email account.

DrQ
Level 24: Supreme Being

Try this:

Go to: http://tel.st/myacc

Click Mailbox as below

Click add mailbox beside manage.

Fill in the details for add as per below.

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

sucked-in-again

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately you are just reciting the same old information that you have not checked lately. I have gone through the steps you gave (as I have previously done before posting my original query) and there is no link/button for creating/adding an additional mailbox. It gets very tiresome when forum helpers try to help (albeit in good faith) and give instructions on solving problems that do not work because Telstra has changed their website and/or procedures and the support structure has not checked. You try to give help, but customers just eventually throw their arms up in the air and give-up out of frustration and tiredness. After attempting to so;ve this problem over an 8 hour period, I know that I am getting weary and I'm ready to rip the f***ing thing out of the wall, notpay my bill and move to sheep-land!
DrQ

It should work. I just went through and took those screenshots just now. It did take about 45 seconds of a spinner before the add mailbox appeared beside the manage mailbox but it did show there as per those screenshots.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

sucked-in-again

OK, I've just tweaked to what might be happening. I do not get the "Add Mailbox" displayed as shown in your picture. Instead I get a dialogue in lowlite grey "you have reached the maximum number of free mailboxes". If this is the case, it is wrong because I only have 1 mailbox to date associated with this new service. Also what idiot website designer (if this is indeed what is occurring) decided to have an important message displayed in lowlite so as to cause the viewer to think that it does not apply. If that message is related to a fault that is causing the "Add Mailbox" to not be displayed, surely one would think that it it would be in DARK text or in BOLD or in RED colour./
cf4

Do you have more than one Telstra account? Make sure the account for your Internet is selected from drop down box top center of main page.
DrQ

Does it have all your services listed in MyAccount? If you took a bundle and it hasn’t completed it might not be registering the correct number of allowed services.
Helpful Links

sucked-in-again

It has been 12 years since I was last a Telstra customer and have recently signed up for a Cable internet and landline bundle. The landline hasn't been switched over yet and the cable intent has only been active for 5 days. Afaik, I should only have this one new account. I will contact support yet again and alert them to this possible problem. I am pissed now but it certainly won't help if this is the problem and they were so unskilled as to not tweak to it. Keep this thread open and I will reply as to the outcome of the next step.
DrQ

From memory while the bundle is still open (it won’t complete until the landline does) the tags for the ‘extras’ don’t complete which would include the recognition of allowance for extra emails. So I would not be surprised if it doesn’t work until about 24-48 hours after the landline is completed (it usually takes about 24 hours for the bundle order to finish if no issues are present)

But hopefully support may be able to find a solution more timely. Smiley Happy
Helpful Links

sucked-in-again

Thanks DrQ. You mostly correct. I checked with support and the landline is still 12 days away from being switched over. Although the cable internet was working and I was using it as best as I could (hehe), the good folk @ Telstra, said it had not been formally activated at their end and asked a few questions about the cable-guy and what he did. I think they were surprised it was being very actively used. Anyway, it took 24 hours for then to complete their "commissioning" and once that was done, yes, the "Add Mailbox" link appeared and I was able to do what I needed. Thank-you to yourself and cf4 for your replies. Much appreciated.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit