ScottyJim
Level 1: Cadet

Additional mailbox

I have a single @bigpond.com mailbox (primary) as part of my telstra account. I access this thru webmail.

I want to add an additional mailbox to the primary. Have followed all the instructions, but when I go to 'manage mailbox' in 'My Telsta' there is no tab to add an additional mailbox. Only two active options are presented: 'View Mailbox' and 'change password'. I have tried everything, but cannot find any facility to add an additional mailbox.

Any thoughts or solutions?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Dowser
Level 20: Director

Re: Additional mailbox

That functionality probably no longer exists.

It appears to be Telstra’s intention to slowly whittle away Telstra Mail.  For example, iTelstra Mail accounts are not offered to new customers.

You will have to consider a different email provider if you want to create a new email address.

ScottyJim
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks Dowser -  If this is the case, does that mean that telstra will no longer provide any email functionality at all with its internet/nbn offerings in the future? Pity telstra isn't more informative...could have saved a lot of time today.

Dowser

In Telstra’s Our Customer Terms for Bigpond services, the following is stated about Mail: (in September 2020)

3 Availability
3.1 From 20 September, Telstra Mail (with up to 15 included mailboxes) is not available to new Telstra Broadband customers or for a fee as a standalone product if you are not a Telstra Broadband customer.

Source: https://www.telstra.com.au/content/dam/tcom/personal/consumer-advice/pdf/consumer/bp-part-k.pdf

So there you have it, official policy.

That document is an interesting read, stating further niceties like:

6.1 Email accounts that remain inactive (i.e. you have not logged in to your account) for 180 days may be automatically cancelled and permanently deleted, without notice to you. You are required to ensure that your email account remains active in order to prevent the email account, along with all the content of that account, from being permanently deleted.
6.2 Once deleted, you will not be able to re-activate your account or recover the deleted content.

and also

12.1 While we will take reasonable steps to protect your data while stored in Telstra Mail, we are not responsible for any loss of data (by whatever means) caused by your use of Telstra Mail.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit