wilsonmex4
Level 2: Rookie

Advice on syncing bigpond emails with Apple Mac Outlook for 2011 + Ipad+Iphone and Outlook.com

Answered

Hi there 

Would be interested if anyone can offer advice/ideas on the best way to sync email across numerous devices (using Apple Products)   I have recently upgraded all my old bigpond email addresses to outlook.com.  

1.  I converted my Outlook for Mac 2011 olm file to a pst file and uploaded it via a pc so that all my folders are now on outlook.com. (It was a pain and Im sure there are easier ways but if you want further details happy to provide)

2. This is my configuration -  

I now have my 5 emails set up on Outlook for Mac 2011 using IMAP

and for the iphone and ipad I have set up using Outlook.com.  

If I move emails on my IOS device (Iphone/Ipad to folders on my outlook.com account, will that update the folders in my Outlook for Mac file on my macbook pro? 

Would it be better just to access outlook.com on my macbook pro via a browser rather than bother with Outlook for Mac at all?

Many thanks

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Joe-Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Advice on syncing bigpond emails with Apple Mac Outlook for 2011 + Ipad+Iphone and Outlook.com

Hey Wilson,

If you'd like your mailboxes to update with whatever changes you make in any device, it's best to just login through the outlook.com browser interface.

Thanks Wilson.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Joe-Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Advice on syncing bigpond emails with Apple Mac Outlook for 2011 + Ipad+Iphone and Outlook.com

Hey Wilson,

If you'd like your mailboxes to update with whatever changes you make in any device, it's best to just login through the outlook.com browser interface.

Thanks Wilson.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

View solution in original post

wilsonmex4
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks Joe - that makes sense to me cheers

Joe-Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

No worries at all Wilson. Take care now.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit