malky_x
Level 2: Rookie

all past emails in inbox have disappeared

Answered

One day they were then and then the next day they were not. I did not delete them.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: all past emails in inbox have disappeared

What method do you use to access your inbox?.

If you do not already, I suggest that you try Telstra WebMail and see what is in the inbox and also the bin/trash.

View solution in original post

malky_x
Accepted Solution

I previously checked Telstra Webmail and just like Outlook all inbox emails were wiped. I first of all checked junk, deleted and bin and no, none of the missing emails were there. All folders had what they should have in both Outlook and Telstra Webmail except the inboxes. The techo at Telstra said it was a Microsoft problem! No help whatsoever.

Dowser
Accepted Solution

This experience should emphasise the importance of backing up your data (Mail).

In your case, you already use Microsoft Outlook, so you could set up Rules to copy emails to a different folder.  Outlook stores its contents in a PST or OST file, which you could regularly backup.  Hopefully that would prevent your current situation repeating itself (or worse).

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Dowser
Accepted Solution

What method do you use to access your inbox?.

If you do not already, I suggest that you try Telstra WebMail and see what is in the inbox and also the bin/trash.

malky_x
Accepted Solution

I previously checked Telstra Webmail and just like Outlook all inbox emails were wiped. I first of all checked junk, deleted and bin and no, none of the missing emails were there. All folders had what they should have in both Outlook and Telstra Webmail except the inboxes. The techo at Telstra said it was a Microsoft problem! No help whatsoever.

Dowser
Accepted Solution

This experience should emphasise the importance of backing up your data (Mail).

In your case, you already use Microsoft Outlook, so you could set up Rules to copy emails to a different folder.  Outlook stores its contents in a PST or OST file, which you could regularly backup.  Hopefully that would prevent your current situation repeating itself (or worse).

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit