Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Big pond emails

I have been unable to get into my emails which are downloaded from Bigpond through Windows Live Mail.  I keep getting an error message 'connection to server failed'.  Have checked everything I can think of and wondered if big pond server was down.  Can anybody help please?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Level 10: Junior Detective

Re: Big pond emails

You beat me to it LOL, yep same problem here.  Telstra web mail is working fine.

Cheers.

Heintz.

Highlighted
Level 8: Inspector

I keep getting this error message

An error occurred sending mail: The mail server sent an incorrect greeting:  nschwcmgw08p BigPond Outbound Server temporarily unavailable. Try again later. OB101.

Highlighted
Level 8: Inspector

telstra 24 x 7 on facebook advises this is a national problem, and no etr yet available

Highlighted

Common guys, enough is enough 5hrs 32mins and email still not working.

Highlighted

Oops I forgot to add, logging into My Bigpond is down as well.

Highlighted

Re: Big pond email

I am having problems with using outlook.com as an email aggregator.  It is set up exactly as recommended in the FAQ section of Bigpond, and it has worked fine on my two bigpond email accounts until 1 October when it suddenly could not connect to the mail.bigpond.com server to collect the email. I can access the separate accounts via webmail but that's slow and cumbersome.

What changed on 1 October??

Ray

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi all,

I am sorry for the issues that you have experienced with the BigPond email service since yesterday the 01/10/2013 and can confirm that this is due to a National issue that we have had with our servers. Two of the three email servers affected were recovered around 5:45pm on 1 Oct restoring services to two-thirds of affected customers. Restoration works continued on the third server overnight. The work involved hardware replacement and an application rebuild. Most services were restored today the 02/10/2013, but we do have a backlog of emails to get through for our customers which is taking time. We are continuing to work on this issue as a priority and hope that this will be resolved fully asap.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

When I go to windows Live Mail a message comes up ;Please enter your user name and password which are already shown on the screen. It just keeps repeating. If i cancel it another message comes up saying the user name and pass word are incorrect but i am using what was given to me.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Jappa,

Is this a BigPond email address? Have you tried logging in via the http://media.telstra.com.au/home.html site?

Brodie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit