Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Bigpond e mail will not send in Outlook

Using Microsoft Office Professional 2016.

Outlook will no longer send e mails from my Bigpond E Mail address. It will receive OK but not send.

It will however send an e mail in Outlook from my gmail address.

Checked all the send and receive settings with both the bigpong and telstra pre fix but still not working. Any ideas out there?

Thanks

MikeH

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Bigpond e mail will not send in Outlook

What type of account have you set the bigpond email for in Outlook  POP3 or IMAP?

What server settings are you using? you could try port 25 for the outgoing, and try with or without security.

I use these for Outlook on my PC, for IMAP

- Domain\Username: XXXXX@bigpond.com
- I/C Server: imap.telstra.com Port: 993 Security: SSL
- O/G Server: smtp.telstra.com Port: 465 Security: SSL Sign In: Yes

On one device, these didn't work but Port 25 for the outgoing server does .

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Highlighted

Thanks Stevo, no joy unfortunately. When I changed the Port to 25 and hit the 'Continue' button I get the 'Something went wrong and Outlook could not save your account settings. Please tray again."

So I try again and same result.

Highlighted

I have also set up a new profile with my Bigpond e mail, same problem. Gmail is sending fine via outlook, problem is just with the Bigpond e mail.

Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

Are you setting up the account manually or letting it do it automatically through the add account option. There are not many things that can go wrong at your end just port, security log in credentials..

Are you deleting the email accounts that failed? You might also need to check if there were any rogue ost/pst files created in those attempts..   C:\Users\youraccountname\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook

You could also try running a repair on Outlook in case there is some corruption.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit