Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

BIGPOND - Email address

HI Folks - Does anyone know how to re-activate an OLD email address?

The email is at least 10 years old - the account within which it was created still exists - and I would love to reclaim that email...

All the support literature I see tells me that if it has been deactivated for longer than 6 months - it is no longer available.

Firstly I wonder if that's true - and if anyone has any ideas about "HOW" this might be reclaimed?

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Lily

A mostly 'self-sufficient' tech lover - keen to share

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: BIGPOND - Email address

Hi @8Lily88, how long ago was the email address been disconnected? If it was only recently, you can speak with our Messaging team through the My Telstra app and we can arrange for it to be reactivated for you. If it has been disconnected for a while, as you have read, it won't be possible

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: BIGPOND - Email address

Hi Ashley - not recent - 10 years ago ....

Do you know what happens to old/unused email addresses? 

Is it a possibility to attempt to 'reactivate' it?

It just seems rather odd that if the same person wants to re-use it - that it not be available ..

Any clues?

Lily

And thanks for entering the conversation - much appreciated

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit