Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

bigpond email on mac

Answered

i'm having trouble setting up the incoming mail on a mac. i've been using pop3.live.com but, i keep getting an error saying the server is not responding. Is the pop3.live.com correct? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

Re: bigpond email on mac

Hi Scott,

You may have better luck using pop-mail.outlook.com as your incoming mail server, while this supports downloading messages if you want to sync your emails with your Mac and all your other devices including the web portal you might want to try imap-mail.outlook.com

Steps and other information about setting up your BigPond email provided by Windows Live on your Mac can be found in this CrowdSupport article: http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Bigpond-Email-Inc-Windows-Live/Configure-Mac-Mail-for-Windows/...

If you are still having issues you might still have regular BigPond email which was not powered by Windows Live but only you and Telstra actualy know your personal circumstance. Anyway I hope this helps and if not let me know so I can provide other suggestions.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

Hi Scott,

You may have better luck using pop-mail.outlook.com as your incoming mail server, while this supports downloading messages if you want to sync your emails with your Mac and all your other devices including the web portal you might want to try imap-mail.outlook.com

Steps and other information about setting up your BigPond email provided by Windows Live on your Mac can be found in this CrowdSupport article: http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Bigpond-Email-Inc-Windows-Live/Configure-Mac-Mail-for-Windows/...

If you are still having issues you might still have regular BigPond email which was not powered by Windows Live but only you and Telstra actualy know your personal circumstance. Anyway I hope this helps and if not let me know so I can provide other suggestions.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for your help! I used the imap-mail.outlook.com and i think it is working. 

Thanks again,

Scott

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit