BB-UK
Level 1: Cadet

Bigpond Email on Microsoft Outlook 2013

I am currently in the UK and had a computer crash after updating Windows 8.1 on a Surface Pro 2.

I can log onto webmail but am not able to setup Outlook 2013 to download emails from Bigpond. I have tried the automatic setup in Outlook, searched the online support and have manually setup to receive emails, I am still not able to receive them, I can send emails but not receive. (PS. I am able to do so on my IPhone). Apologies if I do not respond readily, I am relying on Wi-Fi in hotels which is not always available. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
iamjess
Level 6: Bloodhound

Re: Bigpond Email on Microsoft Outlook 2013

hi BB-UK, that has something to do with your incoming mail settings. when you login to your webmail in the bp website. do you normally direct to outlook/windows? or with myconnect?

BB-UK
Level 1: Cadet

iamjess,

Thank you for the reply and again I apologise as I am in a tour group in the UK and hotel Wi-Fi has been hopeless. I have only used the webmail to check my emails, I used to (prior to the Windows crash) just use Outlook 2013 to download emails.

DingoDan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey BB-UK,

I am sorry to hear that you are continuing to experience issues with setting up your Outlook email program on the computer after the re-start was completed on the device. You will have to use one of the following settings for your email service to be able to work and the listing of these can be located at:

https://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/email-settings-summary

If you continue to have issues with this then there is a Live Chat Tech team that is available to assist 24/7 and they can be reached via:

http://tel.st/gq6m

I hope that this can be resolved for you asap. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit