Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Bigpond email problems

For over a week I have been having my bigpond.com email account timeout when trying to retrieve messages. I also cant send emails. Over the last 24 hours, it has not completely stopped working. I am unable to speak to any support at telstra as it keeps sending me links that don't work or dont say what the issue is..simple questions. Is bigpond emails having issues atm. I am using the webmail via chrome.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Bigpond email problems

Having the same issues; very frustrating.

Highlighted

https://outages.telstra.com.au/#/email?pageSource=home

tells me that there is an upgrade in progress.....

Network update

Telstra will be carrying out network updates on the Telstra Mail platform.
You may not be able to send or receive email during this time.

When is the update planned for?

attention
Update began
attention
Update to be complete
Highlighted

I'm having the same issue as well and have done so for several days now, very difficult to do business. The phone app is very slow to load as well.

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Hi , I’m having the same problems and have been for the last 24 hrs. 
thanks 

Highlighted

So annoyed to STILL not be able to access any emails! Just not good enough! 

Highlighted

Same here.

I've tried Chrome and IE on 3 separate Windows machines (1 with Win 10, another two with Win7), all get the same issue, every maibox gets a "Error. This request took longer and timed out."  This is frustrating. I can read an email on my IPAD Mail client, print the attachments that I need, then I need to scan it on the PC. But to send I have to just blindly send a new email with attachment and apologies to the recipient that my email is 'still' broken.

What does Telstra have to say? Is there an ETA?

Highlighted

https://outages.telstra.com.au/#/email?pageSource=home

latest information, yet to be determined when they stop investigating and reinstate the email system.

All of this since Mond 10 Aug at least!

Highlighted

Yoohoo Telstra!!! Are you there?  Can someone with a brain at least tell us what's happening and stop sending us links that don't work...

Highlighted

I need emails... why has this not been fixed yet? 

Highlighted

I’ve had same problem since last Monday- cannot get any help from Telstra- appalling service 

Highlighted

Here is the latest "update" from Telstra, it doesnt appear to be an update, rather a no progress   Smiley Sad ... https://outages.telstra.com.au/#/email?pageSource=home

However I did appear to be able to use a private email provider .. in my case eMail Client .. https://www.emclient.com/   .. then went into Bigpond settings and forwarded emails to the eM Client and have been receiving emails. quickly and efficiently for 3 days..... so there Telstra.... why not tell people what to do Smiley Tongue

Highlighted

I've been having the same issues over the past 3 weeks. Appalling service because you get to speak to no one, paying for a service and not getting it , nothing appears to be getting resolved. A communication network that has no idea about communicating to its customers or fixing the problem!!!

Highlighted

I got so frustrated with Telstra not being contactable that I emailed my local MP asking if he at least had any influence to at least contact Telstra. After a few days, someone from Telstra rang, acknowledged there was a problem and that it should be fixed shortly. That was at least 2 weeks ago but still have big problems. I use EM Client, and sometimes all emails disappear for the last couple of years except maybe the latest one received, other times I see all emails. The Telstra guy told me lots of people are having exactly the same problem, this has been happening for a month. I noticed the outage page last week said their update was complete and there were some things users could do, but now the 'completion' message has disappeared and the status is back to no ETA. Time Telstra opened up and at least let people know the true status.

Highlighted

Yes I have been having the same problems for over a month. It takes 40+ seconds to log in if it doesn't time out and if I try to delete emails it times out and I also can't scroll down any further than about 20 emails. It is a right Royal pain in the butt.

I have called telstra/bigpond a few times and I have done the virtual assistant  (which is crap) a few times have been promised it will be fixed in a week but still no good.

My download speed is about 70mbps so its nothing to do with download speed. They say its a technical issue with google chrome. I would say it is just slack service.

Highlighted

I am having the same issues, my bigpond emails have been suspended for the last 10 days.  I cannot get help from anyone and have no idea why i cant access anything.  I have tried resetting the password but still doesnt work.  I am going insane not being able to access my business account.  Any suggestions?

Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

Well yesterday support (they are working from home ... covid) did phone txt me.

I would guess Philippines based.

Their mangled reply address which did not work.

Then an email with other spelling errors ... of course to my non working email!

However I have managed to divert to another email.

Giving the usual "reasons" and usual "fix time".

They are offering $150 credit ....... so there is that.

Highlighted

Bigpond is painfully slow and I am having trouble opening my emails

Highlighted

i still have these issues - i cannot see any email in any folder - i need this fixed. Is there an IT issue or individual account issues

Highlighted

It was an identified issue with Webmail by Telstra, however I solved mine by installing a free email program and forwarding the emails from my bigpond account. The best thing I ever did. Bigpond was getting worse and worse to use via Webmail, 

Highlighted

This is the message that is on the Telstra page:

Email disruption

Some customers attempting to login into webmail (email.telstra.com) may be experiencing delays in sending, receiving or webmail loading during busy periods of the day. This is because one of our email servers is currently experiencing technical issues. The situation has been improving, however we are aware that some customers may still be experiencing delays. As an alternative customers can access their BigPond email through mail programs via the PC, Tablet or Phone. For guides on how to set this up, please visit: https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/email/how-to/set-up-windows (Windows) https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/email/how-to/set-up-mac (Mac) or https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/email/how-to/set-up-mobile (Mobile). If you are still experiencing issues please contact us for assistance via https://tel.st/75wrx

•  

Highlighted

There are more bigpond email server issues than just timing out. I use EM Client, and I keep losing old emails from my inbox, only to see them return as new mails later on. A Telstra guy told me lots of people have the same problem, so switching to an email program on a PC or tablet is not the answer. As usual, Telstra wont officially acknowledge they have a major issue. I am loathe to switch to another email platform such as gmail or yahoo etc because that means changing my email address at hundreds of places.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit