Level 1: Cadet

Bigpond email settings on iphone

I have an iphone and a bigpond email address. All of a suddenI cannot receive emails. I have spoken to Telstra and they reckon no issues at their end so I spoke to Apple and they have tried to get me connected. The issues I have is when I try to add the account (after deleting it) it tells me the imap.telstra.com server is not responding - check connection - which is all correct. Has anyone else experienced this issue and if so were you able to resolve it.

Many thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Bigpond email settings on iphone

While I am not having any issues with the Telstra IMAP server, others have reported that issue here..

Whether this is related to the current Telstra issue, I am not sure but I have the Timeout for that server set to maximum - 5 minutes and that seems to allow enough time to get a response from the server. So, maybe you could try changing that setting? You will need to do it manually, the automatic email setup just selects the default timeout.

Hope it works for you..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Level 1: Cadet

thank you - will have a look at this

Level 21: Augmented

I don't use the auto email account setups, I always elect to do it manually..

Details for Telstra/Bigpond email settings are here..

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/email/set-up/imap-pop-and-smtp-information-for-manual-em...

On one of my devices, using outlook, I have to use Port 25 for outgoing mail..  very strange because another device, same make/model, version and app is happy with 465...   go figure.. Smiley Happy

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit