JSH1
Level 2: Rookie

Bigpond email will send but not receiving

Hi, I cannot receive emails from BigPond since about midnight on New Year's eve (sending is working). i.e. fo over 24 hours now. Cannot receive email on iPad or phone (iOS) or on laptop (outlook), so assume it is a bigpond email issue. Anyone else / thoughts? thanks.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Bigpond email will send but not receiving

Send an email from an account other than the bigpond one. Then check to see if it is received on the email clients on your devices, also log in to Webmail and check if it is received there. If it is in Webmail and NOT the clients, then the problem is something to do with credentials, if it is in none of them, then probably an issue with the bigpond server.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
JSH1

Thanks. I have done that, I can see email on webmail. I still think it’s a bigpond issue. It is unlikely that all the different clients would error simultaneously. I’ve had similar issues with bigpond previously and seems to resolve over time but frustrating.

Ozmoz

@JSH1 wrote:

Thanks. I have done that, I can see email on webmail. I still think it’s a bigpond issue. It is unlikely that all the different clients would error simultaneously. I’ve had similar issues with bigpond previously and seems to resolve over time but frustrating.

Hi @JSH1 

It does sound like Telstra is having an email glitch again (If it was working previously). Nothing much can be done except to try it daily.

I do suggest you opt for a free email service, such as Gmail/Outlook etc as Telstra's mail system has become very unreliable of late.

Footnote: I dont work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.
JSH1

Good suggestion, I have a preference to keep using my bigpond email address as I've had it for many, many years. But each time this happens I get closer to changing. Thanks.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit