Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Bigpond email with Windows Live

Answered

HI

Today I opened an additional email account, my primary account is ??????@bigpond.net.au and the new account is ?????@bigpond.com which states "Bigpond email with windows Live". I have tried for many hours to setup this account not only in Outlook 2010 but also Windows live. (Note it was part of the Windows 2012 Essentials package).

I am able to log onto the Bigpond website and view all the introdcutory email already received in that account, but I cannot receive them in either Outlook or Windows Live. (Yet I can still receive emails from ??????@bigpond.net.au even if it appears in both Outlook and Windows Live)  I have tried all the settings for every possible setup with and without the (????@bigpond.net.au attached) but still could not view my emails. I have registered my details in Live.com I have signed up for a Microsoft Account and still nothing.

Help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Bigpond email with Windows Live

Try setting up your accounts through Outlook.com.

Sig 2

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Try setting up your accounts through Outlook.com.

Sig 2

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Looksa like we were able to steer you in the right direction then Lance.

Sig 2Thumbs

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

no that doesn't work. Outlook.com won't accept my @bigpond.com email address as it is "a reserved domain". How do I make my email work on LiveMail I am at the end of my tether trying to make it work!!!!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit