GIRLNEXTDOOR
Level 2: Rookie

Bigpond Email

Since Wednesday 21/09/19 this message has appeared on the Telstra Outages site: Email via Outlook.com - We are working to fix an issue that means some customers are unable to access Telstra mail (e.g. @bigpond.com addresses) via Outlook.com. Meanwhile, your email is still available via Telstra.com and webmail apps. Thanks for your patience - we know how much you rely on these services.  

My email is affected.  I've contact support on the phone, after having no joy with chat, and they cannot advise when it'll be rectified.

Can you let me know when this will be fixed please as I need to access archived emails?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
ShannonD
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Bigpond Email

Hi @GIRLNEXTDOOR

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your email. 

You're correct in thinking we are still working to fix an issue that means some customers are unable to access Telstra mail via https://tel.st/d5cbc. Your email is still available via https://tel.st/53k5k and webmail apps in the meantime though.

If you'd ever need assistance with your Telstra email & would like us to investigate, please chat with us securely online here 

Please choose "Entertainment & Apps" & then "Email" from the drop-down options. 

I apologise for any inconvenience in the meantime. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

GIRLNEXTDOOR

@ShannonD wrote:

Hi @GIRLNEXTDOOR

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your email. 

You're correct in thinking we are still working to fix an issue that means some customers are unable to access Telstra mail via https://tel.st/d5cbc. Your email is still available via https://tel.st/53k5k and webmail apps in the meantime though.

If you'd ever need assistance with your Telstra email & would like us to investigate, please chat with us securely online here 

Please choose "Entertainment & Apps" & then "Email" from the drop-down options. 

I apologise for any inconvenience in the meantime. 

GIRLNEXTDOOR

Hello ShannonD

I'm hooked up to the Microsoft Office Outlook client,  not the free online Outlook.  I know I can use webmail to at least access my current emails, but I cannot access my archived emails.  Do you have a time frame for this issue please?

Thank you

DingoDan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I am sorry that there hasn't been any further information on when this is to be restored and I don't have a time-frame that can be confirmed at the present time 😞 

I can assure you this is being worked on and we hope for this to be resolved and access restored asap. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

GIRLNEXTDOOR

Smiley Frustrated

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

@GIRLNEXTDOOR if you are using Outlook on your computer and it is connecting directly to the Telstra email servers via POP3 or IMAP, then the issue on the outages page is not going to be affecting you.

Also, your archived email in Outlook is stored on your computer, not on the Telstra servers, so you should still have access to them even if your computer couldn't connect to the internet at all.

The issue on the outages page is only related to the Outlook.com site not being able to connect to the Telstra servers.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
GIRLNEXTDOOR

Hi Jupiter

Yes, silly me realised that I can access my old emails easily but I was still having issues and I am connected through IMAP.  The outages notice on their website has disappeared today and I'm all good to go!  Yayyy.

Cheers and thanks.

M115

Hi 

This is not yet fixed for me.  At home my bigpond email works fine and I use POP as I store emails on home computer. 

I have also connected by outlook.com as an extra account to read home emails on my phone during the day which I do with outlook app.  This has worked fine for a number of years until about 10 days or so ago.

This is still not resolved for me as outlook.com will not connect to telstra server to add bigpond account settings. As this problem started four days before Telstra added the message to their site to say they were having difficulties and I did not know it was a Telstra problem I deleted the settings in outlook and now can setup again as when I try to outlook cannot connect to Telstra server.

Is Telstra still working on this problem an is there an expected time to be resolved.  I notice the message is no longer on the web site. I am trying to connect by pop.

Michael 

Avalon3
Level 1: Cadet

There's always something wrong with this website..I dont think I've ever had a successful interaction with the website. I always end up having to ring Call Centre:Smiley Frustrated

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit