Mands79
Level 2: Rookie

Bigpond emails - 3 years worth missing on phone

Hi gang

Last night I got a new laptop - set it up with my bigpond email on Outlook and then imported my .pst from my old laptop because there were a gazillion emails that didn't appear to be coming through (from many years ago, that I've filed away in folders because I'm a hoarder).  Anyway, Outlook on the PC loaded it all up perfectly, folders all there, emails all in order. Emails in my webmail all up to date as well, but for some reason, on my phone it has today's and yesterday's emails and then jumps back to 2017. If I search for any current mail that I know is in there, nothing shows up, like it doesn't exist.  Obviously this has something to do with me importing the .pst (because prior to yesterday my emails were working perfectly on my phone) or maybe the fact that now the emails are IMAP but I know in the 'old days' I used to set it up as POP.

Is there a way for me to get my current emails back in my phone? I don't need all the old emails and folders on my phone but I do want them on my laptop.

Hopefully this ramble makes sense to someone!  Thanks in advance!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Bigpond emails - 3 years worth missing on phone

It has nothing to do with importing your old .pst file.

Both your devices need to be set up using IMAP (which means that they will stay in sync with the server and each other). If you delete an email (or move it to a local folder) on either device, it will disappear from the other (and the server). You also need to make sure that neither device is set to delete the server copy of the message when it is read.

Are you using Outlook on your mobile as well?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Mands79

Hi Jupiter

No I'm using the standard "mail" app on my android (Huawei). Both my laptop and mobile are set up using IMAP.  It's so annoying because I expected to have the issues with my laptop but wasn't expecting anything weird to happen with my mobile!

Mands79

Hi again Jupiter

Your response prompted me to download the outlook app on my phone and it seems like it's all synced up now.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit