Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

no emails or chat help /?//is Tdelstra down?

help24/7 not wourink. no emails in or out cannotb get web mail

Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Telstra mail not working

There is a email outage but online Web mail is now working. You can check your emails online using a browser at link below.

https://email.telstra.com/webmail/

Highlighted

Re: Email not working

Same Here,
Last email I received was 6:48am, now everything wants my password, MacBook, phone.
Highlighted

Re: My Bigpond email account is not working.

Me too????

Highlighted

There is a email outage but online Web mail is now working. You can check your emails online using a browser at link below.

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Same here. Iphone. iPad. Pc all wanting password. Sent an email via my iCloud email address. Works fine.
Highlighted

I was on the phone last night and this morning trying to get my second email account re activated ,I don't know why it had been de activated as it worked 2 days ago, this moring I was told it was ctive and they gave me a new temp password to get on but it doeant let me on keeps asking for my password so I phoned again and they hung up as I was going to speak (maybe cut off) so I phoned again and they said they cannot help me to go to another number, but it was the number I had been calling sice yesterday and was getting answers, so I am at a loss, now I see other people are having the same problem so it might be a Telstra outage

Highlighted
Level 8: Inspector

Outage found - now appearing on the outage page - no eta or extra info

Highlighted

Re: no emails or chat help /?//is Tdelstra down?

Due to the outage all consultants are probably busy answering the large number of calls.
Highlighted

Re: Bigpond mail IS NOT CURRENTLY WORKING

I've just managed to log in and download the attachments I needed. I did send emails while I was in there and they seem to have gone through, however I will follow up from an alternate email address.
Highlighted

Exactly!
Highlighted

That link worked for me! Thanks !!!
Highlighted

Re: Telstra mail not working

that's not working either.
Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

I hope we havn't all handed over our passwords multiple times to a hacker (paranoid I know)
Highlighted

Yep, mine not working either. Another instance of Telstra non-service.
Highlighted

Mine too
Highlighted

Had a pop up on my screen indicating my bigpond account settings were out of date. Thought oh no had enough of those critical type notifications with google mail and spending hours trying in vain to rectify!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Highlighted

Same problem here....it's driving me nuts.
Highlighted

this does not work either
Highlighted

Do Telstra ever respond to problems raised on here....or just let us bang our heads together on this forum ?
Highlighted

Yep...nothing works for me either.....twiddling thumbs helps?
Highlighted

Just got one through? Would of expected many more from this morning. Also sent a number of emails. Did they get through? Come on Telstra many of us are trying to run a business.
Highlighted

Yep....I've resorted to talking to myself now....🤪
Highlighted

Not working in Tamworth either.........

Highlighted

i have just spent 4 weeks with no internet or phones at guy work- this was only resolved this week and now no email access- pity if i want to run a business that relies heavily on emails and internet access
Highlighted

As of about 10 mins ago - mine is back up and working properly - I did nothing different other than not to access any email source for about an hour - frankly that would not have been a solution. Timing is everything - I am in ACT so maybe different where you are... GOOD LUCK GUYS!
Highlighted

Still nothing here....
Highlighted

This is ridiculous! @telstra

Sort it out !!
Highlighted
Level 12: Master Detective

Re: no emails or chat help /?//is Tdelstra down?

Link takes you to Webmail Inbox and then up pops a message saying "Your mail folder list could not be retrieved. Please try again later."

Webmail is still down

Highlighted

Lying scumbags. I have 3 email accounts with Telstra. All crashed with the "password has changed" problem at 8:30 this morning. One came back up around midday, one started working again around 6pm, the last (and of course the most important one) still not working. Useless trying to call, and the outage service says there is no outage. I wouldn't mind if they told the truth - they are still fixing it, but when they deny there is a problem, everyone calls and clogs the call centre. Self defeating bull**bleep** ...
Highlighted

Is it working yet as I still cannot get on?
Highlighted

The Telstra Mail fault was fixed early this afternoon CST. What error message are you getting.

Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

My experience is that, no, they don't respond. They only respond when you stop paying your bill or go to the ombudsman.
Highlighted

Same position, one of 3 email accounts was not working after Telstra mail returned.

I bit the bullet..."removed" my email account on the offending machine.

(Do NOT erase data, just knowledge of the email account).

Then added the account back.

Now all good for me.

Caveat: I am using Telstra imap, iMac, Apple Mail.

So BACKUP everything 1st, also keep a copy of important emails from INBOX into a file somewhere.

Good Luck

Highlighted

We tried to get it fixed last night after waiting to get on the helpline.  The help lady could not fix it.  Woke up this morning and both email accounts cannot log on.  What is happening Telstra?

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Binsey, 

We have resolved an issue that was impacting some Telstra Mail services on 28/08/2018. Sorry for any inconvenience. Can you please try clearing your cookies, cache and browser history and log back into your email online and see if that has helped: http://tel.st/8eh89

If you are still experiencing problems with your emails, please go through our online troubleshooting and support page here http://tel.st/kp4wr.

If the troubleshooting tool doesn't help, the next best step is to speak with the Tech Support team to see what is going on with your connection. You can contact the Tech support team via Live Chat http://tel.st/7hdwj or if you can't get online, you can call 133933.

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Are you able to log into your email accounts online at Telstra WEB Mail.

If you can check the email settings on your device are configured as per link below.

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/email/set-up/imap-pop-and-smtp-information-for-manual-em...
Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

Rather than call tech support, it is quicker and more efficient to close your account, write your email long hand and personally deliver it... I don't think telstra are listening - phone, chat etc are just not responsive! The technology is basically good, but the customer service is appalling.
Highlighted

Mine hasnt been working since yesterday morning. Still nothing
Highlighted

Thankyou , just got back on.  Thankyou everybody.

Highlighted

Whilst overseas access to webmail was denied due to "you have not accessed your email in 180 days". Total nonsense. Return home .. they switched it on but 17 days of emails have not appeared. This happened two years ago but at least I finally got all my emails. Not now and Support is useless. Lifetime of my business is over on Monday.
Highlighted

I still cannot access my Webmail, it is near 4 weeks now and started when I was overseas. I havent tried to download my mail to my PC due to other comments I have seen about mail and folders going missing.
Is there any update to this issue from Telstra?
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Khayem,

Sorry to hear you are still having issues with BigPond mail, I can understand your frustration. Have you spoken to our technical support team regarding this issue?

Please let me know.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

Working for me. Webmail ok
Highlighted

Hi EthanG,
yes on 4 occasions now. I have never received a call and it was supposed to be escalated to Level 2. Now i find out that there was a "technical issue" with my reference number (!!!!!) and it was never escalated at all. Now I wait again .....
Highlighted

It has been 4 weeks pretty much that I have not been able to access Webmail and I was overseas when the issue started
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@ Khayem - I will send you a private message shortly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

1) Leave your original PC "as is". Back it up.

2) Set up another device to receive mail from Telstra using IMAP config.

(Phone/Tablet/PC) Does that work?

3) Log into Telstra Mail from "another PC" using a browser. View Webmail. Does that work?

Then Telstra Mail is good, and "some problem" at your PC end.

Reconfigure your original PC by:

4) removing email details...NOT DATA.

5) reboot (for no good reason)

6) re-enter your Telstra email details using IMAP config.

Good Luck

nickf

PS - I had to do this on my own iMac and all came good.

Highlighted

If Telstra has so many problems why am I still be charged for Email services that dont work.
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

From my understanding most email accounts for consumers are free as part of there internet service. If you are paying from memory a charge of around $70ish per year for an email address I would recommend calling billing to discuss a credit.
For Official Support Chat Now, try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
  • I work for Telstra in the following products.
  • Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit