Wimma77
Level 1: Cadet

BigPond mail stopped accepting password

Ok, so my father in-law has been happily using his BigPond email account for a few years now, but as of ~2 weeks ago he can no longer get new mails - gets an error receiving and keeps prompting for a password, which he has not changed (ever I think!!).

"it keeps looking at imap.bigpond.com and comes up with -
error 0x800CCC0E  cannot connect to server"
He gets the error in outlook, but I couldn't set up on mobile either - password not accepted.
I have tried to find a way to reset the password, but even those links that say they will send an SMS to his registered mobile all try to send an email. Which is completely useless if he needs the password to access it!!?? 
Anyway, given live chat is offline, and there are extended delays on the phone, are there any online methods for him to reset his password that don't use his email address (which he can't access any more for some random reason), but ideally his mobile?
Thanks,

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
PW16

Re: BigPond mail stopped accepting password

I am experiencing the same problem, one bigpond account has suddenly started refusing to accept the correct password, two others are working fine. Can't reset password as can't receive emails and can't log into webmail as it won't accept password either.  Any ideas?

@Wimma77 wrote:

Ok, so my father in-law has been happily using his BigPond email account for a few years now, but as of ~2 weeks ago he can no longer get new mails - gets an error receiving and keeps prompting for a password, which he has not changed (ever I think!!).

"it keeps looking at imap.bigpond.com and comes up with -
error 0x800CCC0E  cannot connect to server"
He gets the error in outlook, but I couldn't set up on mobile either - password not accepted.
I have tried to find a way to reset the password, but even those links that say they will send an SMS to his registered mobile all try to send an email. Which is completely useless if he needs the password to access it!!?? 
Anyway, given live chat is offline, and there are extended delays on the phone, are there any online methods for him to reset his password that don't use his email address (which he can't access any more for some random reason), but ideally his mobile?
Thanks,

Rohan123
Level 19: Deputy Director

Hi @Wimma77 @PW16 

Though I have not encountered this problem myself, I can see with a quick google search other people have. I have posted a link below for help on this regarding problems with outlook.

https://www.nucleustechnologies.com/blog/how-to-resolve-imap-error-0x800ccc0e/

alternatively have you tried just log in to Telstra web mail via the Telstra media web page?

website....

http://media.telstra.com.au/home.html

email login...

https://signon.telstra.com.au/login?goto=http%3A%2F%2Femail.telstra.com%3A443%2Fwebmail

Hope this helps.

Rohan

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan
PW16

Thanks for your response Rohan, but didn't help. Not using outlook, Mail on a mac. Can't log in to webmail as won't accept my password. 

Paul

Rohan123

Hi @PW16 

Sorry my information didn't help, I know nothing about mac sorry, my little bro only works with mac but he knows nothing about Telstra webmail.

only thing I can offer is this old phone number I have for Telstra tech support.

It is still active as I just tried it. 1800 007 391

From memory the last time my webmail needed resetting that's the number I called.

Hope it helps.

Rohan

So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Rohan
Leonierita

Hi...am just now experiencing this problem. Did you get it sorted and if yes what advice can you give? Thanks

Rohan123

Hi @Leonierita 

See the below link as to a possible fix to your problem.

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/telstra-mail/email-does-not-work-on-outlook-365/td-p/884892

Rohan

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit