NandE
Level 1: Cadet

Bigpond Mailbox Issue - Cant Login and Cant Receive emails

Hi

Two weeks ago we signed up for a BigPond Cable+Home Phone bundle. We got a new bigpond.com email address. Whilst our Cable and home phone works fine, the bigpond email address never works.

I cannot login to webmail, I cant configure it in Outlook on my PC, and when I send an email to the address it gets bounced back with the same error every time.

Please help.

I have logged a call to helpdesk and all it did was change my password. Ref:. Called 7pm AEST 2/6/14. No response since.

Error when I login to Webmail via http://basic.messaging.bigpond.com/basic/inbox.do, it says

"Technical Failure"

Error when I send an email to the bigpond address the response says:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

xxxxxxx@bigpond.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain bigpond.com by extmail.bigpond.com. [61.9.168.122].

The error that the other server returned was:
550 5.1.1 < xxxxxxx@bigpond.com> recipient rejected. IB603a

When I go to https://messaging.bigpond.com/update/status.do, it says

"Your mailbox is currently being updated."

...what does this mean? when will it be done? why does it take 2+ weeks to do it?

Please help.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
22 REPLIES 22
Kenobi
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Bigpond Mailbox Issue - Cant Login and Cant Receive emails

Hi NandE,

I have edited your post to remove some personal details, your email address.  

From the troubleshooting you have provided I can see that your order didn't complete properly.  The mailbox wasn't provisioned but I believe I have fixed it for you.

If you check https://messaging.bigpond.com/update/status.do, it should now show you your email configuration settings.

You should be able to log into web mail now with out the error message.  The first time you log into web mail you should see an interupt screen asking for your date of birth and country, if not please follow the instructions under Current Issue at the top of this page: http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Bigpond-Email-Inc-Windows-Live/Problems-with-sending-or-receiv... . This screen should only come up once and stop interupting after you have placed in the required information.

Let me know if you are still having issues.

-BenD

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Duncan12

Hi BenD,

I too have just signed up for a new bundle and when I try and set up my email or log in to Webmail, I am getting the same response.

Now when I try to access messaging.bigpond.com I get an access denied message

I have also checked my order status and it says I have two orders pending. Could this be causing the problem.

Any help you can give me to get this sorted out would be great.

Thanks

Duncan

Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Duncan,

It could indeed be part of the problem. If you still need assistance with this, please contact accounts on 13 22 00 so that they can check the progress of those orders.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Duncan12

Hi Shelly,

Herein lies the problem. I have only ordered one bundle.

I have discovered that if I use the username that I set up to access my account I cannot set up my email. But if I use the email address that has been assigned to me by Telstra I can. I hope these two are linked as I don't want to have two bills in a months time. Is this something you can check?

Thanks Duncan
Lindy
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

hi Duncan12 

As Shelly has mentioned, it would be best to have a chat with our Accounts team on 132200 who will be able to view your order/s and check on what is happening and also confirm your username/email addresses.

Best Regards 🙂 

sonia_eland

So I just received my new wifi modem, Tbox. Everything has beenset up and is working.  Except my new email account.  How long d I have to wait before I can set up the account on my computer, and my phone.  I als cannot log onto my telstra acount via the wesite either.

ScottBarratt
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi sonia_eland.

You should be fine to set up your email now. Details on how to do so can be found here: https://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/set-up-your-email. In regards to your second point, if you're referring to MyAccount, this is a separate login that you need to set up before utilising the service.

Cheers, Scott.

SomeRandomGye

Hi guys,

I've been having the exact same problems as previous users like NandE on the forum. I ordered a bigpond Bundle over 2 weeks ago, got it installed last week but email hasn't been working. I have spoken to somebody and they told me that my mailbox is being updated and it would take 24-48 hours. It's been way over 48 hours now and still nothing. I've been following everything that everybody has been saying on CrowdSupport about the problem but still have not been able to fix it. Anybody able to give me any help?

SomeRandomGye

TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi SomeRandomGuy, 

Please try the troubleshooting steps provided in the thread above: http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Bigpond-Email-Inc-Windows-Live/Bigpond-Mailbox-Issue-Cant-Logi...

If this does not fix the issue, please contact email support for further assistance in getting this issue resolved for you on 133933 or Live chat here http://tel.st/gq6m

Regards - Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

SomeRandomGye

Hi Tom,

I have tried the troubleshooting as I had stated in my previous post. I just tried it all again incase it would workfor me but still nothing. I guess I'd just have to contact support again and be told just to wait again.

thanks for your help though, really apprieciated it.
SomeRanoomGYe

Ken777
Level 3: Gumshoe

Hi I have the same problem when checking my email status.  It says" mail box being updated" i am a new customer and have been tring to get my email up and running with out sucess since 10th February 2015 I am using Outlook 2013 with an Imap account setting provied in a post from Crowd Support i also cannot access web mail and it dosnt recognise my user profile or passord and give me access denined I cant believe that it take so long and is so complex to get my email up and running

Ken777

Can someone please help me with mu above request
Thanks
Ken
Patrice_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Ken777,

That does sound quite frustrating. 

Just to confirm have you spoken with our Telstra Technical support team to have this investigated? 

-Patrice

Ken777

Not as yet as I was tying to get an answer from crowd support first, yes it is frustrating i have never experienced this with any other ISP. I have followed all the recomendations for setting up mey emai, but it still will not connect as i atest I set up my third party email without any isues at all but when i check with Bigpond my elail in box is currently being set up this has been going on since i took on the service 10th February 2015 

Patrice_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Ken777,

With this we do have a technical support team available Mon-Fri that can possibly look into this. I've flagged it with them to see if they can offer any further assistance tomorrow. 

-Patrice

Ken777

Thanks Patrice I have checked the knowledge base but it only looks after outlook programs up to 2010. i am using outlook 2013.

i will give them a call tommorowwand get back yo if i still having any problems. Thanks Ken

Ken777

@bigpond.com Your mailbox is currently being updated. the above with my details removed is what i get back when checking my email status
Kenobi
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Ken777,

The message you have provided indicates that it is taking longer than expected for the mailbox to update. 

For the benefit of other readers of this thread, if you are experiencing similar symptoms please call our accounts team on 132200 and ask them to check the status of your primary mailbox status.

Ken777, I believe yours should be OK to go now.

If you check http://www.telstra.com/emailservercheck, it should now show you your email configuration settings.

You should also be able to log into web mail now with out the error message.  

The first time you log into web mail you should may see an interrupt screen asking for your date of birth and country, if not please follow the instructions under Current Issue at the top of this page:   http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Bigpond-Email-Inc-Windows-Live/Problems-with-sending-or-receiv...

This screen should only come up once and stop interrupting after you have placed in the required information.

Let me know if you are still having issues or give our technical support team a call on 133 933.

- Ben

Ken777

Hi Ben I was in contact with a service tech this arvo who mangaed to set up my Outlook 2013 email program as a pop3 account i granted him remote access i accidentley deleted the program when I was cleaning out my other accounts i cant find the correct port Numbers to use and the IMAP settings do not work either
IvanS
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Ken777,

Email settings can be found here: http://support.telstra.com.au/t5/Email/ct-p/LSP_Email#item-ARTICLES-LSP_Email-398464

Hope this helps. 

Ken777

Thanks Ivan all fixed and running now 

Ben_J
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Great to hear! 🙂

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit